Background Image scaling not working on the IRender nXt 4.0……

Known bug or am I really cool and first to spot it?

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We decided to do a video on Background images just last week, and we noticed, and fixed, a few problems. I suspect we fixed this one as well.

I'll have Rich check it out, and if it is fixed in the latest version, add a post here.

We posted a fix for this a version KH24.

It can be downloaded at this link:

http://www.renderplus.com/php/download_links.php

Thanks - scaling now working fine (interestingly though it's bringing in the background image and altering it's proportions to suit the render size, for example, importing a long panoramic shot it get's squashed up to suit the more rectangular proportions of the rendering output..... solve one problem and another appears! Hey ho!)

In general, a background is reformatted to fill the screen, so you will need to create a background image which represents what you want to appear, at approximately the same aspect ratio,  as the background of the rendering.

Another approach is the render the model without a background, save it as an alpha-transparent PNG and then place it over the background after rendering in a Paint program.

Great - thanks, that all makes sense now.

Now, with the new Background Wizard you can stretch the position and background as desired.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5