Hi,

I’m having a problem with calculation is Space Design, I have a drawing with a number of dynamic components all of which have a common attribute Length (cm)

In Space Design I have created an attribute called Len  which uses DC: length in the Extend from.  

If I set the format as Database shows everything in mm, if I set it to numeric than is shows inches, (either is OK)

When I try to use Len in a calculation the field is always 0,  I have tried all the possible combinations I can think of but the answer is always 0.

I just can’t see where I’m going wrong. 
I am using version KE23

Thanks

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for sending your SKP file.

The problem was that you have entered a calculation for DC: Length which was recursive (it called itself)

That is just what this error is supposed to discover. I will improve the error message to help trace this down better in the future.

Also, you should not be permitted to enter calculations for the pre-defined attributes -DC: and $, so I will make sure this cannot happen.

We put out a new version of SpaceDesign, KE25, which fixes some of the problems I found working on this thread.

Hi Al,
Thanks for the help. I am really struggling with the calculations. I'm have a problem now using the #QTY# its not calculating the quantity correctly.
Using KE25.
I will send a skp file for you to have a look at if you dont mind.

Thanks

Calculations can be rather tricky.

I don't think that #QTY# works properly, because it cannot be used until after the QTY has been calculated, and has never really been tested.

Send me the model and I will take a look and see if you can either do what you want with "extended from", or find a wat to make it work.

Hi Al,
I forgot to mention the "Blank if Zero" is not working.

#QTY# is not supported. You will need to do everything with extension_from.

Let me know if that is a problem.

The problem with #qty# is that a calculation using it, (and even worse, other fields which may depend on a field using it), cannot be calculated until the report rows are collated and condensed (to create quantities), and it is too difficult to figure out which coulmns need to be calculated before collation and which afterwards.

Similary, extend_from columns cannot be used for other calculations, because they do not get the proper values, (based on the count), until all calculations are completed and the rows are collated.

Hi Al,
Thanks for the update. Will work around it using the extension_from.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service