I have a room with multiple lights in the ceiling. How do I edit one or all of the lights, such as intensity, size, ect? One other thing, it seems there is allot more “how to” info for I RenderNXT than there is for NXTRender, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Thanks

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you used our light wizard to create the lamp, you can right click on it and select "Edit IRender Lamp" to modify it. (intensity, beam angle). To make it larger, just use the SketchUp scale function. (We determine the size of a light from its geometry).

I have a room with 100+ round ceiling lights, I made 1 then copied and placed the rest. Will editing one change all of them?  By the way....thanks for the help

"Edit IRender Lamp" only changes one lamp at a time. (The new light intensity is stored on the instance, and not in the component definition)

If you want to replace all the existing lamps, you can create a new lamp with the new wattage, and then go to the SketchUp Component Window in Model View and List View.

1. Right Click on the lamp you want to change (In the Components window), and click "Select Instances"

2. Right Click on the new lamp and click "Replace Selected"

That should replace the selected instances of the original lamp with the new lamp.

One other thing, it seems there is allot more “how to” info for I RenderNXT than there is for NXTRender, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Of course IRender nXt has many, many more features than nXtRender, so it is going to have more "How To" information.

Also, tips like how to replace the lamps components apply to both IRender nXt and nXtRender.

But, at any rate, if you have a question just post it here. Even if the answer is hidden somewhere in our documentation, we would rather have you ask again, and provide a new answer so other can read it.

Also, the answer to you question about how to change all the lights is nowhere in our documentation. I did not know how to do it until I stumbled across the "Select Instances" and "Replace Selected" functions in the SkethcUp Component Window. We will have to add that to our documentation.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service