From a user:

I am now trying to batch render on a remote machine.  If I understand correctly, the IRender program does not have to be authorized on that machine, but it will not run the batch. 

Views: 650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IRenderBatch.exe should run and process the batch file on the remote machine without any authorization. The only time we would ask for authorization is if you were running something out of SketchUp.

The easiest to do run the batch process is to double click on the file IRenderBatch.exe on the remote machine, and browse for the file called "nxt_render_params.txt" in the saved batch folder.

For example, here I run:
        C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_Nxt\IRenderBatch.exe
and use it to open:
         C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nXt_batch\nxt_render_params.txt

and it renders.

What happens if that doesn't work?? It says "invalid file handle was associated with it". (batch_file.txt).
I'm in finals week in school and need this to work asap but nothing is working. Please help if you can!

Sue

Forgot to give my specs, sorry. Windows 8 with an I7 processor and 12mb ram, 64 bit. Running with Sketchup 8 Pro.

Can you post a screen shot ot the error message?

Or somehow copy the actual error message so that we can see the whole error message?

Can you click on the file "batch_file.txt" and open in Wordpad or some other text editor, to make sure the file is not corrupt, and is not open in some other program?

The batch file opened fine in word, but I don't know what I'm looking at or what's wrong.

Do you only get this error when you try to render on a remote machine?

No, I'm not rendering remotely at all, sorry for the confusion. I'm working directly off my new desktop computer. I had also tried to run this on my laptop previously (old, but high end still ... Dell Alienware, great graphics card, 8mb ram, win 7 pro) and couldn't. But I don't think it was the same error ... it just wasn't working. :\

Can you zip up that folder:

C:\users\Sue\AppData\Local\TEMP\nXt_Batch

and send it to me?

You can use this link to send it:

http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/uploads/

I'll see if it renders OK for me here.

There was only one file in that zip file that you sent us, "batch_file.zip".

That folder should have had several files and folders in it, like this:

The file is still too big ... 573 mb and I can only send 50 mb thru  YouSendIt.

Can you render a little model, maybe just a new model with a cube in it?

Yes! I can .... just tried it. What does that mean???

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service