I started using the trial version today and loved it from the start.

I was able to render few scenes and export the results but since then, all rendering tries failed and resulted in an error message of "system stopped responding and will be closed".

It fails when the rendering window is opening after the object count is done.

I ended up uninstalling and re-installing but it did not help.

I am using Sketchup 8 over Vista

Please advise,

Thanks,

Ohad

Views: 1223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, I got it.

I'll start it rendering on a couple of machines...

Thank you for your support, please let me know what is the problem?

I didn't have any luck rendering your model with all the layers turned on.

I believe it is just too large for us to render.

When we export the geometry to render from SketchUp, we write it to a file on the disk, so that we can render it using a program outside of SketchUp and then be able to use more memory. That part worked fine, it created a file that was 2,224,198 KB, about 2 gig.

But I get an "Invalid File Handle" error when I try to open that file to read the geometry from it. Although I can read the beginning and end of the file and see that it wrote all of the data correctly, I cannot open it any program on my machine. It's just too big.

I believe that in order to render anything from this model you will have to turn off geometry that does not affect the scene being rendered. For example, I was trying to render a swimming pool scene, Scene 13, so I wouldn't need to include the airplanes above, or the cars, buses, and people in the parking lot. Try turning off unused layers.

I did that for scene 13 and the geometry file we saved was then only 210,796 KB and the scene rendered OK for me. It took 13 minutes to extract the geometry:

Extraction Time: 13 minutes 7.0 seconds

Loading Time: 45.0 seconds

Render Time: 3 minutes 27.6 seconds

Passes: 15

Hello Mr. Hart,

In this hotel model, we inserted multiple models with each other to complete the fullproject, in other words, you suggest us to do the rendering for parts or frames? if so I'll do it bit by bit, to see what happens, thank you very much for the help. Hector greetings

Was any of the machines used a 64 bit? They are more suited for large file handling.
Rich Hart said:

I didn't have any luck rendering your model with all the layers turned on.

I believe it is just too large for us to render.

When we export the geometry to render from SketchUp, we write it to a file on the disk, so that we can render it using a program outside of SketchUp and then be able to use more memory. That part worked fine, it created a file that was 2,224,198 KB, about 2 gig.

But I get an "Invalid File Handle" error when I try to open that file to read the geometry from it. Although I can read the beginning and end of the file and see that it wrote all of the data correctly, I cannot open it any program on my machine. It's just too big.

I believe that in order to render anything from this model you will have to turn off geometry that does not affect the scene being rendered. For example, I was trying to render a swimming pool scene, Scene 13, so I wouldn't need to include the airplanes above, or the cars, buses, and people in the parking lot. Try turning off unused layers.

I did that for scene 13 and the geometry file we saved was then only 210,796 KB and the scene rendered OK for me. It took 13 minutes to extract the geometry:

Extraction Time: 13 minutes 7.0 seconds

Loading Time: 45.0 seconds

Render Time: 3 minutes 27.6 seconds

Passes: 15

2 of them were 64 bit operating systems. 

One was 64 bit Windows 7, 6 gig of RAM, my main development machine.

Files created with SketchUp are often very big compared with Revit of the same/similar models

I received  this

Error message while running IRender nXt Version:  KG22nxt
Error: Cannot save animation frame: Unable to Create Compressed Stream: Check your CODEC options.
Perhaps the animation file is open in a viewer? I can find the Viewer??? where is it??? 
Model Size: Not large (small)Occurs: Always, all models 
Comment: SISMERCADO@GMAIL.COM Impossible to get a Animation rendering with this application!
Memory: 
         (Error occurred in .\IRenderBatchAnimation.cpp line: 1325)
     #Date: '08/07/2011  12:52:29 Atlantic Standard Time'     #License: ''     #Computer: 'SISMERCADO-PC'     #Product: 'IRender nXt'     #Version: ' KG22nxt'     #Build: 'KG22nxt Friday, July 22, 2011'     #Base: 'IRenderBatch'     #Company: 'Microsoft'     #Phone: ''     #User: 'Microsoft'     #Email: ''     #Owner: 'SISMERCADO'     #TL: 'rtr'     #TC: 'IR'     #VC: '11'     #Windows: 'Windows Vista/2008 Build: 7600 '

We're writing a new routine to create the AVI file from the rendered images, to try to help us with this animation error.

We'll post a new version as soon as it's ready for testing.

Meanwhile why not just stitch the individual rendered images with Bink.

Yes, Roy from AccuRender just recommends just saving the frame images and using another application like Bink to create the animation. Just set the output file extension to .png instead of .avi before rendering the animation and it will save the images that you'll need for that.

I'll post a version soon that will hopefully fix the problem you're having though. 

I follow your step, buy I don't know the Bink? how this work??

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service