There is a Rotation setting on HDRi skies and backgrounds which lets you rotate the HDRi. But it is rather difficult to use - since you often have to rotate the HDRI, re-render, view the result, and repeat until you get what you want.

RIch has a created a new video: Rotating HDRi which make this much easier.

Give it a look!

Position HDRi Sky
  • Select HDRi
  • Position Image
  • Render with new image position
  • See: HDRi Setup Tab
Position HDRi.jpg

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice video Rich

Every time I try to use HDRi examples from open footage, the images are pixalated,inverted and do not appear in render - not sure what I am doing wrong.

Boothy

Hi Again

After further experimentation I realised that both the upper left HDRI selection and make HDRi visible button had to be selected to make render (see image below) - I still can not work out image inversion in wizard (I have also tried rotating image in photoshop and it is still viewed upside down).Pixelation may have been due to size of file and not using zoom buton in wizard correctly.

Thanks

Boothy

PS is there any way we can have the HDR background option in lighting cjannels for standard packet rendering?

Hi

Further to previous post - I can only get the backround to work in the Irender render window - and thats only when I press both buttons. Cannot get to work from SU directly - also the visibility buttons seem to reset to null after render has been created.

Thanks

Boothy

I posted a new version with a fix for the poor pixelation and upside down HDRi images that you were getting. I found a bug where we were saving the preview images for the HDR files incorrectly when they were remade from the Layer Wizard.

The HDRi sky will only be visible in the Layer Wizard if the Sky is set to Visible, the Sky is set to HDRi, and there is no visible Background image for the model, and the Display HDRi checkbox is checked. The "Make HDRi Visible" button sets all 3 of those conditions and sets the Display HDRi checkbox.

If you're in SketchUp, and have "Synchronize changes with SketchUp" checked on the Presets tab, it might revert to Sky not being visible each time that you load the Options dialog, hence the HDRi sky is not displayed.

I'll keep an eye out for this as I test all the other things that are out of synch between the different option tabs.

Thanks Rich - Usual top notch support - I will give it a try later.

Boothy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service