I just rendered this image for 32 hours and am getting white speckling. This is after 10 passes.  Is there any other way to get rid of the speckling and cut down on the hours? I was hoping to get a better quality after 32 hours. 

Please help. 

Views: 92

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From the statistics in your jpg file:

The only thing I can suggest from here to make it render faster, so that you could get more passes more quickly, would be to make it less complex, hide unseen geometry, that sort of thing.

Is it possible to use fewer lights? A lot of lights take a long time to process.

I wonder if some of those lights are meshes with many faces that are each being treated as individual lights...or did you mean to have 208 lights?

Sometimes when a whole component is made into a light source, all the faces in the component are turned into separate lights. That's why we wrote the Light Query dialog recently, to help us find and list the lights in models where it seemed like there were way too many lights.

If that's what you think it is, maybe you could post a lamp here and we could see what it was.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service