Hello, I'm an architect and I purchase Space Design.
Now two questions.

The first.
In SKP regularly use attributes to enrich my report. In particular, I use attribute lists custom grouped under the same label, for example:
kind of work  -demolition
                      -new construction
                      -maintenance
                      -etc..
this way I can choose different options directly on the component
Did SD allows to organize the attributes in the same way?
Or, if not, can I automatically join in the same report attributes included in the SKP with those inserted in SD?

The second.
I regularly use multi-level components such as multy-layered walls (eg plaster / briks / insulation / bricks / plaster).
I made the report in SD (with Drill activated) but, unlike those made in SKP, the hierarchy is not preserved. So it is impossible to make a report "object oriented" of all components in the model SKP organized in one file. I could have done individually for each component, but bring in a list of excel is very laborious.
It can be done differently?
I enclose an example on which to reason.
thanks

PS: I would like to attach an example, but your upload doesn't work

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PS: I would like to attach an example, but your upload doesn't work

What was the extension (.pdf, .jpg, etc.) of the file you were trying to upload?

What error message did you get.

Use the uploads tab at the top of the page, or this link: Uploads to send me the file and I will try to upload it from here. Include a comment like "This is the file I couldn't upload to the forum for SpaceDesign" in the upload so we will know what it was for.

Did you try putting the attachment in a zip file, before attaching it?

Otherwise, could you send the attachment directly to us? use: support@renderplus.com, or the uploads tab above to send us a larger file.

The first.
In SKP regularly use attributes to enrich my report. In particular, I use attribute lists custom grouped under the same label, for example:
kind of work  -demolition
                      -new construction
                      -maintenance
                      -etc..
this way I can choose different options directly on the component
Did SD allows to organize the attributes in the same way?
Or, if not, can I automatically join in the same report attributes included in the SKP with those inserted in SD?

Can you upload something to show the report you would like to create?

We do have a special attribute, $level, which shows the level that a component is at as if drills, and you may be able to use it directly, or in a calculation to get the result you want.

Special $ Attributes

These can be used as desired, but cannot be modified

• $area - return the area of the component in sq-inches (also, $area_sqft, $area_sqm, $area_sqcm)
  • $count - a count of identical components - grouped into a single line.
  • $comp_desc - the description stored on the component definition.
  • $dname - returns the definition name.
  • $iname - returns the instance name, or blank if not set.
  • $layer - the layer of the component.
  • $level - return the sub-component level when drilling tinto sub-components. (0 is the top level)
  • $material - returns the Material Name on the Component Instance or Group
  • $name - returns the Instance name if set, if not the definition name. (Up to any # sign.)
  • $path - return the drill path of Component names or group names

Hi, Al, many thanks for your suggest to use $level to preserve hierarchy.. it seems to work fine for me.. I'm testing

Another issue:

I've a multi-layered seed wall in mwall directory; each element has different DC: attribute as a b c etc

I put it to the scene.

If I make report with drill on I obtain hierarchized list with showed each different DC for any layered element.

That's great..

but, if I try to filter (with all-components flagged) by any one of differnt DC I 've the following error mask. Can you help me? What I'm doing wrong?

Note if I ask for report with the group opened (double click on it) the filtered report works, but only for this element of course

Thank you

I received this Error message while running Space Design Version: LD18sd

Error: No components have attributes for report.

(Error occurred in C:\Program Files (x86)\Render Plus Systems\SpaceDesign\ruby\spdes_report.rbs line: 173)

Current dialog: 'Space Design V: LD18sd Report' ('spdes_report_tabs' (button) OK: skip: 0 : Create Report)
command: dc_attribute_report("spdes_report_tabs", "", "OnOK")

#Date: '04/24/2012 14:44:50 ora solare Europa occidentale'
#License: 'SDLD2701K'
#Computer: 'PIER-PC'
#Product: 'Space Design'
#Version: ' LD18sd'
#Build: 'LD18sd mercoledì 18 aprile 2012'
#Base: 'SpaceDesign'
#Company: 'b5 art:.:arch'
#Phone: ''
#User: 'Pier'
#Email: 'p.a.orazi@gmail.com'
#Owner: 'Pier'