Hi,,,,

first time logger and first rendering software ever used so a bit of a novice.....

_ Firstly I am fairly fluid with sketchup pro 8,,,, having purchased the irender nxt combo pack there were all the other bits of software I did not use till now.

I am getting a problem with simple rendering,,, my screen remains grey and i have tried all permutations of the size of the render and passes??right%20section%20-%20deep%20showing%20bathroom.jpg

this is the image on sketchup (fairly simple) that I am trying to render, but it comes up with a grey blank screen ??

- Secondly I have donloaded the materials library (combo pack)... On viewing the library I see the .armaterial files as system files only,, on thumbnails they do not show me the image??

armaterial%20thumbnail%20view.JPG

I am running windows XP pro on VMARE4 on my macbook pro

---

Can anyone please help.

Regards

Dipam

Views: 957

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see you are using a section plane. We may need to get this set up properly.

To make sure rendering is working, zoom out on the model - so we see the entire building, and render it - so that the section plane does not come into play.

Section Planes

We are not able to read the SketchUp setting for "active" section plane, so we either use the first visible section plane, or all section planes.

You may have to make other section planes invisible (by layer or 'hide') to get the section you want.

See the settings on the nXt Setup tab:

EXCELLLENT,, I just saved the file as another and removed all section planes then rendered using only single ones as and where I needed.

Thank you Al Hart.

Now for the materials .armaterial thumbnail issue....

regards

A DLL, ArMatThumb.dll, needs to be registered to show the thumbnails for the .armaterial files.

The logic to do that automatically during installation is broken, and doesn't register the DLL  when you install IRender nXt the first time. We will fix that in the next version that we post.

Meanwhile, you can register the DLL by running the batch file "reg_thumb.bat" in the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_Nxt

or

C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_Nxt

for a 32 bit system.

Please try double clicking on "Reg_thumb.bat" to fix it.

dipam patel said:

EXCELLLENT,, I just saved the file as another and removed all section planes then rendered using only single ones as and where I needed.

Thank you Al Hart.

Now for the materials .armaterial thumbnail issue....

regards

2 out of 2 completed,,,, Thanks Rich,,, the double click on the reg_thumb.bat fixed that and now I see the thumbnails.

roll on problem 3 ............ as and when...

thanks again.

regards.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service