Hi Al/Rich

Just tried to have ago with SSS, but Advanced  nxt material editor window appears to be hanging.

I click the Advanced button the window opens but then splashes the normal window for a fraction of a second then goes blank, with just File and Options in tile bar, click these nothing happens then I wait a little and get microsoft error report.

Cheers

Richcat

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RIch will get this fixed.

For now you can run nXtMaterialEditor.exe by hand from the bin_nxt folder.

Open and Save the .Armaterial file.

Sorry...we just uploaded a fix for this, version KE04:

http://www.renderplus.com/php/download_links.php

Thanks Rich. I'll give it wirl.

Al I tried your suggestion ( I should have thought of that), but when loading saved armaterial transparancy and intensity etc they loaded ok but did not stick, and so did not render.

You can only use the trick of runnung the editor directly on the temporary copy of the material in the batch rendering folder.

If you get anything to work be sure to let us know.

Hi Al/Rich

KE04 is working - just running a few tests to see what you can get.

Thanks for the update!

Hi Rich

First couple of tests the scattering value don't seem to stick, defaults to 0 every time.

This appears to be a problem with Roy's Material Editor.

I will post a note on his developer's forum.

It looks like it will take a few days to get this fixed.

No problem , was just testing anyway, so now onto FOG.

This sub surface scattering should stick now. Let me know if you get a chance to try it.

Also, the new Path Tracer is supposed to do a better job with caustics. I'm trying to create a good example, but I can't seem to do as well as this one Roy posted in the nXt for AutoCAD forum:

http://www.accurender.com/forum/topics/improved-caustics

Hi Al

Still using KE04 as latest down load so sss still not sticking. Is there meant to be a new version out soon? I heard a rumer there was. Roys just put up 261 with faster convergence on interiors for path tracer.

Tried caustics and got bright spots as below? Path trace no spot lights used.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service