Does tree maker work in nXt for Revit?  If so how do I load and use it?

Views: 385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We do not have a way to place the plants from Tree Maker into the Revit model, but we do let you map a family placed in the Revit model to a Tree maker plant. By loading this dialog, you can select a family from the Revit model and map it to a new plant that you create, or a plant selected from the disk:

For example. here I've mapped a Conifer to a column that was in the Revit model.

When I render the model, I see column is replaced by the Conifer:

:

can the ground cover option in materials be used and adjusted? What I really want is good grass ground cover.

Thanks for your help.

I just tried it and it was broken for me.

It is supposed to bring the tree editor When you click on Edit for the GroundCover material, as below:

I got an error that told me that we were looking in the wrong folder for the Plant Editor.

Are you getting that error?

If the Edit button isn't working for you, you can use this work-around until I can test and post a new version.

When we map a material to a ground cover, we save the ground cover for that material as a file on the disk with the same name as the material, in a folder named for the model that is loaded.

For example, I just mapped the material "Default Roof" (which was what I had on the floor to be a ground cover) in a model that was named "furn2_2015". That save the file "Default Roof.ArGroundCover" in this folder:

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\nXt\[Your Model name]\Materials

For me, that folder is:

C:\Users\rich\AppData\Roaming\nXt\furn2_2015\Materials

I can rund and use the nXt Plant Editor:

to load and make changes to that file, save the file, and start the rendering again to see the changed ground cover. Below I did that, and added flowers to the ground cover:

for me the reverse worked better.  I found the *.ArGroundCover file - switched it's extension to *.ArPlant - opened it up with the tree maker program - edited it - saved it and re-named it back.  I should be able to make a good grass.

Thanks

Here is some discussion about grass on our forum. It talks about using a ground cover, and also using displacement with a material (that is on page 2).

http://forum.irendernxt.com/forum/topics/groundcover-grass

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos