Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me! I have a file that I rendered with only a few lights a week ago.. after letting it go through and couple passes I stopped it and added more lights. When I did this I also clicked on lighting fixtures I had dropped into my space and clicked "treat object as light". I also purged the file because it was pretty large and ever since these minor changes every time I go to render it takes forever for the Irender dialog box to pop up and when it does it can load for hours and no image ever pops up. I have rendered other models and they work fine it is only this one model and it's becoming very frustrating. I have even tried copying and pasting everything into a new sketch-up, saving it as a new file name and trying from the new file - still won't work. The file size is 79,000 KB. My other files are larger and have no problem rendering with tons of lights so I'm really confused here.

If someone can please give me some advice or will offer to try and render it for me that'd be great. I've resorted to taking all of the lights out and it still won't render!

I have attached the first and only rendering I have of the model...bad rendering

Views: 97

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

Chances are the problem is being caused by the object that you made into a light.

When you turn an object into a light it can sometimes create a very complicated light that the render engine struggles to sort out.

Try deleting (or hiding) the object you made into a light and then try rendering.

Rich Hart has covered this subject in the past so if you have a look through the forum you should find a more complete explanation of this issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos