SnipImage.JPG

so I ran a model at 4000x2000 size with 200 passes.  keep getting those jagged edges - especially on the angled lines.  Any hints?  Bigger size or more passes?  Its being used at about a 5"x7" size inserted into a document, just can't get it to look right. 

Larry

Views: 648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

This has been covered in a previous thread - see here

http://forum.irendernxt.com/forum/topics/aliasing

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike

thanks Mike, but not sure if I fully understand.  I'm already at 4000x2000 with 200 passes.  The other thread mentioned 600 pixels and only 10 passes.  Would seem I've enlarged it quite a bit more with quite a bit more passes.  Not sure what I do at this point. 

Larry

Hi Larry

I think it's the bit about re-sizing / re sampling in a paint programme you need to look at (eg Photoshop)

I think you render oversize, as you have done, then manipulate it in the paint programme.

I don't seem to get 'jaggies' when I render so not sure if there is another setting within the renderer you need to look at ?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike

now I'm really confused.  Out of frustration, built a simple cube with some diagonals.  4000x2000 but only after 10 passes, I get this with very little if any jaggies.  Now I didn't put any material finish or floor or any background, but don't think that has anything to do with it.  Hope Al or Rich can chime in and help

Attachments:

Hi Larry

That is a very 'clean' render ! Not a 'jaggie' in sight ! May be something to do with applying materials, but like you I don't think so. - but we shall see, over to Al or Rich.

Regards

Mike

hopefully they will get back soon....getting desperate with a deadline.

Larry

Al/Rich,

any guidance would be really, really appreciated

Larry

Al/Rich, getting desperate.  Any help would be appreciated

I don't see any jaggy edges in your rendering either. We need to see more examples of what you are referring to...maybe with the document where the edges get jaggy attached, along  with a picture added with an arrow pointing to what you are seeing.

are you looking at the first image "SnipImage.jpg".  That has the jaggies.  the 2nd image was a test of the simple new file I created that didn't show any jaggies....therefore the dilema

Is the image "SnipImage.jpg" a part of the image that you get directly from the image produced by the rendering?

Or is it a part of an image that has been inserted into a document?

original image

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos