We upgraded our computer to windows 8.1 64 bit 6 GB memory.

Since the upgrading, render is not working well. It takes a very long time to render and is very slow. I do everything the same but it much much slower. There are almost no lights at the model, and I make sure to delete unnecessary Furniture. I do not what I'm doing wrong and I can't work.

Views: 1586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lets render a standard scene to see what kinf of speed you are getting.

Render the Evening Scene exterior model, without changing any settings

Before and while it is rendering bring up the Windows task manager to make sure you are utilizing all of you machine.

On the left here is machine usage before I started rendering - it is using about 1/10th of the machine.

In the middle, is extracting and loading the model. That uses about 1/5th of the machine - because it cannot take advantage of the multiple cores. On the right is during rendering It is using about 85% of the machine, but spikes down during the end of passes, and the autosave operations - because it cannot use all of the cores for that.

The rendering on my machine took 4 1/2 minutes. How long does it take on your machine.

Probably, this is the same problem: http://forum.irendernxt.com/xn/detail/6120890:Topic:55450?xg_source...

I'm also agree that after upgrading the render time has increased dramatically.

For clients having a problem with rendering speed, lets try the following steps.

Computer Speed and Performance

The first step will be determining what kind of results you get from the sample model we are asking you to render.

We want to make sure that it is not something about your computer setup which is making renderings slower

Please post some rendering times for the sample model.

Changes in IRender nXt versions and the rendering Engine

Next, we will render that model with the current version of IRender nXt and a previous version to make sure that nothing has happened between versions which has made the rendering slower.

If you want to help, render the sample mode with the current version of IRender nXt, or the version you have downloaded. Report the rendering time and the Version of IRender nXt, (e.g. OA28 which is the current version) and the version of SketchUp. (e.g. 2014, 2015 64 bit, 2015 32 bit, etc.)

If you want to try an older version of IRender nXt, try one of these:

NC13, from March 2014, will work with SketchUp 2014, but not SketchUp 2015

http://www.renderplus.com/downloads/IRender_nXt/IRender_6_NC13.zip

ME17, from May 2013, will only work with versions prior to SketchUp 2014

http://www.renderplus.com/downloads/IRender_nXt/IRender_5_ME17nxt.zip

I will try these versions here to see if I find a problem caused by new versions of SketchUp or new versions of IRender nXt.

Statistics - size of model, number of lights, etc.

I neither of the items above helps with the problem, we need to see if we can determine anything from statistics which is slowing down the rendering.

To bring up the statistics report, start you rendering and then right click on the title of the batch rendering dialog to load the statistics report

You can see that this model has 47,590 faces and 17 lights.

If you model has vastly more faces, or vastly more lights, then that will make it render much more slowly.

We can discuss that if you find that to be your problem.

Older Versions of SketchUp.

If you need to download an older version of SketchUp in order to try one of the older versions of IRender nXt, you can download them here:

http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/60107

Older Versions of IRender nXt

I am installing some older versions of IRender nXt into older versions of SketchUp.

This is a little tricky - because remnants of the new versions can get in the way.

(You probably should let me do it, and not try it yourself)

I'll report here as soon as I get a benchmark from an older version of IRender nXt running in SketchUp 2013.

I was able to render the sample model in SketchUp 2105 and the latest version of IRender nXt - OA28

And also in SketchUp 2013 with a 2 year old version of IRender nXt - ME17 - and got very similar results

2 minutes 15 seconds for SketchUp 2105 - IRender nXt - OA28

2 Minutes 36 seconds for SketchUp 2013 - IRender nXt - ME17

This shows that there is no slowdown in render time due to either the SketchUp version or the IRender nXt version. So if things are slowing down for people it is probably because of some difference in machines.

If you render this model, try to render it at about the same resolution - 600 x 325 - because higher resolutions will slow down rendering times - and for the same 20 passes. We want to compare apples to apples as much as possible.

Here is another comment on this issue:

I have been using your rendering program for some time now and I love it!! One issue i would like speed up if possible. Is there a way in which I can speed up the rendering time on larger sketch up models. My question is will a Graphics card or video card upgrade on my part help? I have a DELL XPS. Thanks so much for any advice!!

We don't use the graphics card for any of the rendering processing, so that would not help.

Here is a forum posting that we made recently about system requirements and speed:

http://forum.irendernxt.com/forum/topics/hardware-recommendations-f...

Thank you for your response.
I was trying to do the suggestions posted in the thread. The render of your sample model took me about 4:40 minutes. The CPU usage changed from 50-80%, depends on the rendering stage, as well as the CPU speed (2.0-3.3HGz).
However when I try to render my model, while calculating Geometry the IRender was stuck in Non-Responding status while consuming 30% CPU. Then after about 10 minutes it eventually started to render quiet slowly. Before I started the render I did "Purge Unused". See attached Statistics of my rendering file and CPU usage screen shot while it is rendering.
As for the lights: I'm using only the rendering scene lights.
Statistics:
Geometry:
  Meshes: 121580
  Faces: 1442307
  Materials: 122
  Lights: 141
  Material Illuminance Lights: 6
  ArPlants: 0
  RPCs: 0
It sounds like your computer is working properly - 4 minutes and 80% processor usage - so the slow down must be from the complexity of your model - or because of some lights which have gotten out of hand.
Your statistics show a lot of 3D faced - 1,442,307. Is there any complex geometry you could eliminate or make less complex. (for instance the number of sides on cirucular items)
Sometimes you can replace a complex 3D item in the background with an image of the item which has considerable fewer faces.
Do you have about 140 lights, or are some lights generated too many actual lights because of complexity of the geometry?
Sometimes a single light like this will wind up generating lots of individual lights because of the way the geometry is interpreted. (It may generate a light for each rectanglein the yellow dome - if the dome is set to be a light source)
However my guess is that you simply have too many faces. Try rendering just one layer, or some other subset of your model which has only 100,000 or so faces and see if the rendering times imrpove.

Dear Al

Hallo again.

I took all your advices, did everything as said, and still, the rendering is taking a very very ling time. as an experiment, I took some models from the past, that I already

rendered before with no problem, and I rendered them  this week again. I'm sorry to say that this time it took much longer from the past. the same model.

I know it is very hard to find a problem over seas, but something went wrong with my render. )-:

Send us a model which used to render faster, and we will render it with the latest version, and an earlier version of IRender nXt to see if there is something which is making renders slower in the current version.

We will agree not to share your model with anyone else.

Send it support@renderplus.com along with a guess at how long ag it used to render more quickly, so we can know which old version to test it with.

ok. thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

can you give me a link how can I send you the model? it's heavy.

Is this a model which you rendered with a previous version of IRender nXt, and now it is slower in the latest version?

That is what we are looking for, so we can make sure that the new version is not rendering things more slowly.

You can upload models using this link:

http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/uploads/

Send us an email after you upload the model. Please let us know what version of IRender nXt you were using when it rendered faster, or the approximate date when you were rendering it.

We will be putting out a newsletter next week with ideas for speeding up your renderings.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5