I've been making 3D PDF files and they work fine in Adobe Acrobat. However, many architectural firms use Bluebeam. The same file in Bluebeam does not show a  fully rendered image and the creation of the 3D menu is not consistent. Is 3D PDF supposed to work with Bluebeam or is it limited to Acrobat?

Thanks.

Views: 526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only tried BlueBeam recently and saw that some of our 3D PDF files did not display in BlueBeam. We had previously only used AcroBat Reader to view the PDF files that we made.

I'll try to figure what the difference is.

Do you have a PDF that shows partially in BlueBeam, but not "fully rendered", that you could share with me for testing?

Yes, I have a file you can review which I've uploaded. In Acrobat the Show Image button gives a true Irender image. In Bluebeam there's a shaded haze on everything. The menu buttons are slightly different also. It may be worthwhile to make Bluebeam compatible since I see it a lot in architecture and construction.

Thanks.

Thanks. That model does appear for me in both BlueBeam and AcroBat.

The code behind the "Show Image" button is JavaScript in the PDF file. Perhaps BlueBeam does not support JavaScript, or there is place to enable JavaScript buttons in BlueBeam. I'll have to do some investigation there.

I don't see the "shaded haze" that you are referring to in BlueBeam. Here is what I see:

BlueBeam:

AcroBat Reader:

The BlueBeam rendering seems to be a little brighter. Is that what you are seeing, or something different?

BlueBeam seems to have there own set of menu button for navigation, etc. I'll have to see if there is a way to set those.

Could you also post or send me the model that you used to make this?

If you zip up the .skp file, you can use the Upload Files button to attach it to a comment here, or you can email it to me at rich.hart@renderplus.com. Thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5