Hi forum users. Just like to say I have a problem with my model. It looks fine in SketchUp, but for some reason the textures mess up in the render. See the attachments. If you can help me, thanks!

Views: 235

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I added your images directly to this post so people can see them better

Can you post a SketchUp image as well so we can see what the textures were supposed to look like?

Use the icon at the top of the edit window (2nd from the left) to place an image directly into the post

How's this?

The tree like reflections you see in the eyes are from our default studio lighting. This lighting model filters the sky through a forest which creates a nice shading effect. However, for smppth, reflective surfaces you can see too much of the trees

Here is a similar model I rendered with the studio lighting:

There are a few ways you can change this.

Here I changed to default lighting to exterior sun, then turned off the sun so that all you gete is lighting from the sky

Here I left the forest on, but changed the materials to be glossy - which smooths out the highlights.

Here I left the forest on, but set the sharpness of the materials down to 0.20 so that the reflections would be smoothed out. For this blurry reflection effect you need to use more rendering passes

Here is the result after 22 passes

Here is the blurry reflection after 100 passes

File:Abstract100.jpg

Okay. But don't worry, I fixed it myself. I reversed the faces in SketchUp, and it showed the bad textures. I made it a solid orange colour, and reversed the faces back. It's fine now, but thanks!

Al Hart said:

The tree like reflections you see in the eyes are from our default studio lighting. This lighting model filters the sky through a forest which creates a nice shading effect. However, for smppth, reflective surfaces you can see too much of the trees

Here is a similar model I rendered with the studio lighting:

There are a few ways you can change this.

Here I changed to default lighting to exterior sun, then turned off the sun so that all you gete is lighting from the sky

Here I left the forest on, but changed the materials to be glossy - which smooths out the highlights.

Here I left the forest on, but set the sharpness of the materials down to 0.20 so that the reflections would be smoothed out. For this blurry reflection effect you need to use more rendering passes

Here is the result after 22 passes

Here is the blurry reflection after 100 passes

File:Abstract100.jpg

Can we see the correct rendering?

Thanks.

Jackson Wall said:

Okay. But don't worry, I fixed it myself. I reversed the faces in SketchUp, and it showed the bad textures. I made it a solid orange colour, and reversed the faces back. It's fine now, but thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5