SnipImage.JPG

so I ran a model at 4000x2000 size with 200 passes.  keep getting those jagged edges - especially on the angled lines.  Any hints?  Bigger size or more passes?  Its being used at about a 5"x7" size inserted into a document, just can't get it to look right. 

Larry

Views: 648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can we see that original image from the rendering?

just uploaded via hightail.  please keep any display of images with branding confidential.

Rich, just following up.  Any suggestions?

Not really. The jagged edges seem to be a result of the very white faces next to the very dark faces. There is some dithering there, but obviously not enough to smooth out the edge.

The only suggestion that I would have is to apply one of the the smoothing or softening filters to the rendering.

Why are the white surfaces so bright? Are they faces set to be light sources?

Hi Larry & Rich

Hope I'm not too late but it looks like your are trying to create (Led) lighting under the lip of the recess, and have applied glow or made that surface a light emitting one. 

The only way I have been able to reduce the jagged effect - which you will always get with strong contrasts - was to hide the illuminating the surface in a recessed slot.

The way I see it is that that basically your seeing the edge of the lite surface, hide the edge and it should go away. Also if getting too much jagged edge effect on the bottom lip reduced the lights power.

Surface applied below 

Recessed slot 25

Attachments:

Need to resurrect this again, its become a major problem for me and really desparate.  It would seem that irdener is producing pretty good quality results.  I'm attaching a view, run at 5000 x 1000 with 20 passes.  I put it into one of my cadd programs, print to adobe acrobat as a pdf, hi quality print, 2400 dpi, and I get jaggies like crazy - especially when you zoon in to the angled lines.  So I thought maybe the cadd program. Tried to insert the images into powerpoint, print to pdf, same results.  Attaching images appropriately labeled.  I assume this is not an irender issue unless I really need to run more passes, but has anyone else come up with similar issues and figured out how to print higher quality pdfs?

Attachments:

When I open your file, MOBILECARTGENERICCADD.pdf, in Adobe Acrobat, and select copy the image in it, and paste it in Paint, I see that it is 1553 pixels wide. (The image in the PDF is saved as a set of horizontal strips, but each strip is 1553 pixels wide.)

Your original rendered PNG image was 5000 pixels wide.

So, even thought you are saving the PDF as 2400 dpi, that is not what you are getting.

When I create a PDF from your image using Photoshop, or Adobe Acrobat, the image embedded in it is still 5000 pixels wide and looks fine, even when I zoom in on it.

So I suspect that the CAD program that you are using to make the PDF is changing the resolution of the image and losing quality. Are you sure that there is not a setting in that program that allows you to keep the original resolution of the image?

Also, I notice that the image in the PDF is a cropped version of the rendered image that you included. Is it possible that the cropping process changed the resolution?

I'll check with the cadd software people, but keep in mind, this pdf was created using adobe acrobat as the printer so not sure what the cadd software has to do with it.  I quickly checked and there is no setting available in the cadd software that would allow any adjustments.  But then I need to ask what happened with the powerpoint pdf.  Did powerpoint also reduce the dpi or pixels?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5