I have been doing a lot of research on which rendering product to purchase to utilize with Sketchup. After much contemplation I am torn between IRender nXt and Maxwell Render Suite.

I am using the trial version of both so I am not aware of the full potential of either. Not to put you on the spot but why should I purchase your product instead of Maxwell?

And, not that this would be the deciding factor, is IRender nXt compatible with Autocad as well? I don't foresee using it for Autocad much but if I feel the need it would be nice to have the option.

Views: 247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IRender nXt is compatible with AutoCAD and SketchUp.

Maxwell is of course a nice rendering application.

IRender nXt is generally easier to learn and use for a variety of reasons, not least of which is that the SketchUp extension has a UI patterned after the SketchUp UI.  As you know our toolbar is available in the SketchUp session, so the rendering attributes for the SketchUp model are added directly and are saved with the SketchUp model.

IRender nXt includes 3 rendering engine options:
1) Packet Mode - a biased ray-trace rendering engine.
2) Path Tracer - an unbiased ray-trace rendering engine.
3) Hybrid Engine 4 - an unbiased ray-trace rendering engine that uses the scanline method from the Packet Mode.

With IRender nXt the artist can intervene at any time (even while renderings are in process) and can adjust the solution for both biased and unbiased renderings. (You will have to restart the rendering, but you will not need to re-extract the model from SketchUp)

IRender nXt will write renderings in popular image formats including .jpg and .png.  JPEG files can include rendering statistics, these statistics which include all render settings, can be read and used to set render options for other models.

We include very nice post-processing features including adjustments, filters, and  effects so you don't have to use PhotoShop for post processing.  These can be used during, immediately after, or with a saved (native) .nXtImage file. Your post processing filters - like contrast and smoothness are automatically remembered and re-applied in case you need to re-render your model

We focus a lot of effort in improving workflow and have a number of methods that do just that including:  Auto Reflections, Material Styles, Lighting Presets, Reflection Presets, and more.

Again, Maxwell is a very nice renderer, I'm familiar with some impressive images created with it but I don't have actual experience.  As you will agree the rendering end result is in many ways equally attributable to the rendering artist as to the software.

Regards,
Russell D. Houlden
Render Plus Software, Inc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos