Im Want to achive this icebar look in a rendering what functions do you think i should play around with or what materials can i use?

Views: 602

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is going to use a lot of things.

In particular, make ice blocks as solid glass with an index of refraction of 1.31 or higher.

See this page: http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/wk/Rendering_Question_-_Transparent_O...

So would i select thick glass preset and increase the refeaction to 1.31 or higher?

I grabbed this ice block from the 3D warehouse, and made it a little more transparent.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u5c81aafb-da19-499b-...

But, first I left it thin:

Then I changed it to think with Index of Refraction at 1.50. Notice the better reflection of the sun, and better distortion of the brick wall.

I would play around with a simple model like this to find good rendering settings for ice before I started.

I have attached the mode if you want to play with it.

I wasn't able to attach the model So I am trying again as a .ZIP file

Attachments:
Thanks Al

I was wondering why I didn't see shadows from the ice on the ground.

The reason is that we don't cast shadows on the ground unless there is actually some ground.

I turned the ground plane on and git some shadows.

What settings did you use to do that? Cast shadow

Cast Shadows in SketchUp is the default, so it is almost always turned on already.

In SketchUp I had View/Shadows set to on to turn on the sun.

In IRender nXt, the blocks would have cast shadows on other objects, but they were not casting a shadow on the ground, because the Ground Plane was not on in SketchUp.

• SketchUp casts shadows on the ground even if the ground is not turned on.
  • IRender nXt only casts shadows on the ground if the SketchUp ground plane is on.

If you select the Render Preset - Exterior with sun we turn on the sun and the sky, but we do not automatically turn on the ground plane, because for some models that would block anything below the ground level.

Thanks. Is there a new version of irender nxt out? If yes whats the fixes and stuff

Hey Al i have a mdoel here that is take really long to extract i have no idea why

Uploaded the model using hightrail

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos