HI, 

im a newbie to this software and would really appreciate some help. 

My sketchup model appears perfect before rendering, yet my final render is missing the floor. I really don't know why this is happening, and played around with the settings...Please advise.

see my pics attached below. The render attached isn't the final result ( can't wait around any longer!). Took a snapshot of it while loading. 

Views: 346

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there any chance that you could send me that model to test it here?

You can email it to me at rich.hart@renderplus.com

or use this link to send it to use if it is a large file:

http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/uploads/

Thanks.

It turned out there is an image placed a Z height 0, the same elevation as the wood floor.

If 2 faces share the same plane, it is a random chance which one will  be displayed in the rendering.

We have a setting to offset images a little to avoid this “Z fighting”, where two faces are in the same plane. It is set to a fraction of an inch by default, so that pictures glued to walls appear clearly in front of the wall.

This offset was forcing the floor image to be a little higher that the wood floor, so we see the image in the rendering instead of the floor.

To get around this, you can either lower the image by a small amount, or set our Image offset (on the Options/Special tab) to 0.0 to fix this.

or just put the background plan on a different layer and turn it off

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service