Hi

I try to install Irender nXt demo for Sketchup 8 to my PC.

Win7 64 ultimate. similar set up on anothr desktop and laptop and Irender installs fine and works fine. on this desktop I get the error (see attached image)  at installation.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam

Views: 816

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I suspect permission problems.

Are you logged in as an administrator when you run the install?

Looking at the error, it looks like it is occurring early in the install, when InstallShield is uncompressing the files. Perhaps it can't write them to your TEMP folder.

Could you try extracting the file "Click here to install IRender_3_JL27nxt.exe" to a folder from the zip file, and then right click on it and select "Run as Administrator"?

I could make an install that was not compressed and post that, if you'd like to try that.

Hi Rich

Thanks for the reply. I tried run as admin but immediately getting the same error. please do send the uncompressed version to try although I have installed this trial version before in other PCs with win 7 32 and 64 without any problems. I want to by this product with 2 licenses but this PC does not want to install.

Thanks

Adam

I uploaded a zip file which contain the uncompressed install, as it would be on an install CD.

Unzip it into a folder and try running the "setup.exe" that gets extracted there.

Here's the zip file to download:

IRender_nXt_JL27.zip

Hi Thanks for the help

Actual it was a compatibility issue. somehow the set-up file was running on compatibility with win XP. I dont know how to remove the compatibility run so I chose to run in comatibility mote with vista and it worked i managed to instal it.

Thanks

Adam

Rich Hart said:

I uploaded a zip file which contain the uncompressed install, as it would be on an install CD.

Unzip it into a folder and try running the "setup.exe" that gets extracted there.

IRender_nXt_JL27.zip

Do you mean the file "Click here to install IRender_3_JL27nxt.exe"?

When I right click on it, I see:

Did you see something different?

Was "Run this program in compatibility more for:" checked?

Adam Spinos said:

Hi Thanks for the help

Actual it was a compatibility issue. somehow the set-up file was running on compatibility with win XP. I dont know how to remove the compatibility run so I chose to run in comatibility mote with vista and it worked i managed to instal it.

Thanks

Adam

Rich Hart said:

IRender_nXt_JL27.zip

Ah! yes that was it. I un-ticked it.

Installed fine now thanks

Adam

Rich Hart said:

Adam Spinos said:

Hi Thanks for the help

Thanks

Adam

Rich Hart said:

IRender_nXt_JL27.zip

Hello, good morning! I cannot install irender trial version

can you pls help me with the detailed information(step by step) on how I can reinstall irender trial version.

I amusing sketchup pro ver 2018

Thankyou very much.

Adam Spinos said:

Ah! yes that was it. I un-ticked it.

Installed fine now thanks

Adam

Rich Hart said:

Adam Spinos said:

Hi Thanks for the help

Thanks

Adam

Rich Hart said:

IRender_nXt_JL27.zip

Could you read through and perhaps follow these steps and see if anything helps us figure out why it is not appearing for you?

If IRender nXt isn’t showing up for you in SketchUp 2018, please do these steps:

1. Reinstall the latest version and make sure that we are installing into the SketchUp 2018 ProgramData plugins folder.
  2. Make sure that the IRender nXt plugins are not in any other 2018 plugins folder
  3. See if we can find the installed ruby files in the plugins folder from the Ruby Console
  4. See if we get any errors trying to load the plugin
  5. Run the MicroSoft redistributables that we include again, to see if that is the problem

Here are those steps explained in more detail:

1. Reinstall the latest version and make sure that we are installing into the SketchUp 2018 ProgramData plugins folder.

Download the latest install from our downloads page.

The latest version is “signed” so that it will be automatically enabled in the SketchUp Extension Manager.

Run the install again, select Reinstall,  and notice whether we see that SketchUp 2018 is installed. You should see SketchUp 2018 listed, pointing to the ProgramData folder on your computer, as below:

If that’s not shown, then it is probably because SketchUp 2018 is installed on a mapped drive or something and we cannot find any evidence that it is installed on your machine. If that’s the case, then we will need to copy the plugin files that we need from where they did get installed into the same place for SketchUp 2018.

On my machine that would be from:

C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\SketchUp\Plugins

To:

C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018\SketchUp\Plugins

The files we need to copy are ‘RPS_IRender_nXt.rb’ and the folder ‘RPS_IRender_nXt’.

1. Make sure that the IRender nXt plugins are not in any other 2018 plugin folder

We now always install in the SketchUp ProgramData plugins folder.

C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018\SketchUp\Plugins

So, look in that folder and see if the RPS_IRender_nXt.rb file and folder are there.

Then restart SketchUp 2018 and see if  IRender nXt appears.

1. See if we can find the installed ruby files in the plugins folder from the Ruby Console

In SketchUp 2018, open the Ruby Console window and in (or copy and paste):

load ‘RPS_IRender_nXt.rb'

and Enter. It should show you where it is loading the file from, like this:

load 'RPS_IRender_nXt.rb'

**** IN: C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/RPS_IRender_nXt.rb

true

Hopefully that shows the path to the plugins folder in your ProgramData folder, or we will see a message that SketchUp cannot find that file.

1. See if we get any errors trying to load the plugin

Open the Ruby Console window and type in (or copy and paste):

load 'RPS_IRender_nXt/RPS_IRender_nXt2.rb'

and Enter and see if we get any error messages that give us a clue.

If  IRender nXt doesn’t load, right click in the Ruby console window and select Select All, and then right click again and select Copy to put everything in that window into the Windows Clipboard. Then use Paste (Ctrl-V) to paste that text into an email to send to us at support@renderplus.com, along with any notes on what you have seen.

1. Run the MicroSoft redistributables that we include again, to see if that is the problem

Sometimes the MicroSoft redists that we run during the install do not install correctly for some people.

Could you try right clicking on these executables and running them as

an administrator, to see if you get any errors when they run.

The redists can be found in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Render Plus Systems\IRender nXt\redist

I would first try the 3 above that end in “_64.exe”.

If asked, choose the “Repair” option.

If they run correctly for you, that might fix it. Start SketchUp again and see if IRender nXt renders correctly for you.

If that doesn't help, try also running the ones that end in _x86.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5