I have rendered many models and have a "first".

When I attempt to render the SKP it crashes over and over. This has never happened before. Then again, I have never attempted to render a model that is 95mb.

Where do I start to look at a resolution to this issue?

Views: 767

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Send me the model and I'll give it a try here.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I didn't get a bug splat in SketchUp, but SketchUp appears to be hung saving the data.

Looking at the batch folder where we save the files for the rendering, I see that the file we save the geometry into is not growing.

I also see an image that we are saving int the nXt_batch\Batch_SketchUp_Textures folder  as:

TX0005_SITE_PLAN_24_X_36_copy.png

that's 9572 x 7200 pixels.

I suspect that's too large to use to make an ArMaterial file that we can use for the renderer. If that's the case, we'll add something to reduce that image size fize before making the material.

I'll keep looking.

Are you on a 32 bit machine?

The extraction seemed to hang on my 32 bit laptop, but is working OK on my 64 bit machine.

If this sheds any light on the situation.

What I do is create a structure model and a site model. I work on them separately with 2 instances of SKP open. I then select all, copy and paste site model into structure for rendering.

I get bug splat in SKP when I Render is writing geometry.

I have and will continue to create large models.

Something in my model procedure and organization perhaps?

Austin Canon said:

What I do is create a structure model and a site model. I work on them separately with 2 instances of SKP open. I then select all, copy and paste site model into structure for rendering.

RE:  Yes it is a 32-bit machine.

Austin Canon said:

Austin Canon said:

RE:  Yes it is a 32-bit machine.

RE: The "TX0005_SITE_PLAN_24_X_36_copy.png" is the ACAD site plan that I convert to png then insert into I Render as a "Base" to build the model up from.

I just want to add that the Bug splat that I get when attempting to render is unique to this one large, complex model only. I have done hundreds of I Renders and found the program very stable.

Rich

Believe I found the problem and it appears to be resolved.

Your comment:

"TX0005_SITE_PLAN_24_X_36_copy.png

that's 9572 x 7200 pixels.

I suspect that's too large to use to make an ArMaterial file that we can use for the renderer. If that's the case, we'll add something to reduce that image size fize before making the material."

This lead me to look at ACAD BASE.

What I did was to go to the ACAD BASE component (which you have ) and looked at the underneath side. It had a "material" on the surface which was the "SITE PLAN 24 x 36". I deleted this surface then purged materials. The SITE PLAN material went away and now the model is rendering as it should. It also processes many times faster.

Not sure how I had the base sheet as a material instead of an image, but now I know. I only need this image in the beginning of model process.

Let me know if you have another thought.

Edit - I wrote this post before I read your last post:

I rotated your model so I was looking at the bottom, exploded the component I was looking at, and deleted the image for the site, an now the model renders for me on my 32 bit machine.

I'n not sure yet if exploding the component, or deleting the huge image, was the fix. I'll try to figure it out.

But try deleting that image and see if you have any luck.

Rich

You sent me the right direction with your comment about the Ar mat and size. I would never have known to look there. 

Thanks for the help.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos