Hello - I am the IT manager for a small architectural firm using Sketchup 2015 and iRender...or at least we did until this year.  I purchased Sketchup 2015 and deployed it to everyone last week.  I purchased three licenses for iRender today and attempted to install it.  All three installs seemed to run fine but there is no plugins menu in Sketchup for any of the users.  In addition, when I run the installation using the domain admin credentials (users do not have local admin privlidges) it attempts to install to my profile instead of theirs.  What is the deal with this version of iRender?

Views: 3583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone?

By default, we install the SketchUp ruby files into your Plugins folder in Your User AppData folder:

C:/Users/[Your user Name]/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/plugins

If you are installing for another user, you can either use the browse button during our install to point to that User's plugin folder, instead of yours, or you can just copy the files that we install into your plugins folder to theirs.

We install these files into your plugins folder for IRender nXt:

a folder called RPS_IRender_nXt

a file called RPS_IRender_nXt.rb

and a file called Win32API.so

If you just copy those 3 things to their plugins folder, things should start working.

Hi Rich - thanks for the reply.  I tried doing exactly that and browsed to the other user's folder for the install but it still failed to show up.  The only work-around I've been able to use is temporarily making the user a local admin, installing it, then removing the rights.  This works but is a hassle. 

Browsing to the correct plugins folder should have worked.

Perhaps the next time that you need to do this, you can give me a call and we can take a look in the Plugins folder and see what is different that when you install it way and when you install by granting local admin privileges.

Meanwhile, I'll test that process here again.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5