No Description

Views: 284

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are we looking at here?

I'm getting strange fuzzy edges and poor quality in my 3d PDFs.  Do you have any suggestions?  This is on a Windows PC, SketchUp Pro 2017 and version PL06p 6.0.  I attached an example file, test.pdf.

Rich, I also get a wire effect when I rotate the PDF.

The Edge Lines option just adds additional faces to the 3D PDF model represent the SketchUp edge lines. We originally added them to include stand-alone edge lines, like some trees that were simple lines in the SketchUp model. We also added the option to include all edge lines for users who wanted to see the lines in cabinet faces.

Do you really need to add the edge lines to your 3D PDF model?

If so, you might try checking Tube Edges for the edge lines. That adds more faces to the model, but makes a rectangular tube around the edge so that you won't get the Z-Fighting that you get with the simple edge lines, which are just 2 perpendicular faces that represent the edge lines.

John Cates said:

I'm getting strange fuzzy edges and poor quality in my 3d PDFs.  Do you have any suggestions?  This is on a Windows PC, SketchUp Pro 2017 and version PL06p 6.0.  I attached an example file, test.pdf.

I get that sometimes too, I think it's just feature of AcroBAt Reader that does that to make the orbiting smoother.

John Cates said:

Rich, I also get a wire effect when I rotate the PDF.

Thank you, Rich.  The tube edges worked.  Some of the HOA Reviews I submit to insist on being able to clearly see the corners of the house.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5