how can I do to achieve a rendering at night, so leaden sky, and artificial lights on with nXT render?

Views: 735

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are some tips from RichCat from another thread on this:

http://irendernxt.com/forum/topics/setting-up-a-night-scene

Theres some good info in this thread on the previous Accurender forum from Roy and others, that's relevant to Irender.

The basics seem - straight from Roy are:

1.Start with our standard hdr (rnl_probe.hdr)
2.Make sure studio brightness is not checked
3.Turn the hdr intensity to 0.01 ( edit I set mine to 0.1 by mistake will have to try 0.01- input with numbers not arrows see if it makes differance)
4.Turn the tone op brightness to -0.60

Add lights as desired.

I turned off sun in render below, and standard indirect light, our rendering window brightness does not have figures some just sliding to left to get desired effect.

I have found a nice hdr file called full moon at the Accustudio site:

http://www.accustudio.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemi...

Just download the hdri from the site and save it on your computer.  I use it when I want an evening rendering.  I select high dynamic lighting preset then click on load options. I select the full moon hdri and then use one of the attached jpgs as a background. I use the background wizard to position it and stretch it until it looks right.  I find using the jpgs easier because sometimes the hdri files are fuzzy. I set my lighting channels to 8 so I can tweak the lights.

You can see the renders I was able to get at this site: http://irendernxt.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=0hf...

Hope this info helps!

Attachments:

Here is another way that may work for you. I set the SketchUp file to 10 PM then I had shadows turned on. This produced a dark image in SketchUp. I then started IRender nXt with the Int. w/sun setting.  I am attaching 3 images made with this setting. One is plain. It shows a black sky as if it’s a dark cloudy evening. The other two have a background image positioned.

Attachments:

Hi For the external night shot attached I just put a load of external lights (NXT) around the exterior, the sky is a background positioned with the background wizard.

I didn't bother with lighting channels but you could use these for more control if required. The render used the preset - int/no sun, yes sounds strange but it got the feel I wanted.

Regards

Mike (Mesh-3D)

Attachments:

Here is another example I did using the same technique as described above.

There are some strange white pixels around the image but I only did 10 passes, this would sort itself out with more render passes.

Regards

Mike

Attachments:

Mike - use the image icon (second from the left above the editor) to place images directly into your posts. It make them easier to see when viewing posts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5