hey Im using the new Irender Nxt plugin. I added some lights but i dont think its working properly or i'm just doing something wrong. Im trying to get that entire dark area to have light but its not working. I tried using spot light,ceiling light and point light nothing worked it all comes out the same. Also im trying to get lights under the tents and its the same issue. Please i need some help.

View screenshots:

Views: 779

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Russ, did you adjust the hdri interdict or use lighting channels ?

The use of a translucent shade for the tent material was clever. You could make the side of the tent translucent , but cut down on the trsnsparency to let less light through

I used lighting channels and lowered the sky intensity to .2.  But that wasn't really necessary at all, I just wanted a darker sky.  Here's the same image with the sky intensity at 1.

It's just not as dramatic but is still an image that I like.

I couldn't resist letting some light through the top of the tent.  If this were my model I would make all of the tent sides translucent, seems more realistic to me.

This is Awesome. hey russel where did u get that sunset background? 

It's one of the included HDRi's in the software.

Then I turned on the ground and edited it to make it reflective.  That's on the "Sky" tab:

The settings are .9 for Intensity and .19 for Sharpness - that gives the sun a blurry reflection across the water.  I also added a bump texture which works really well when you're closer to the "water".

Have to admit that I did this pretty quickly so there are certainly more render settings that would make it even more interesting.  Nice model!!!

Sketchit said:

This is Awesome. hey russel where did u get that sunset background? 

Man you have to teach me lol thanks alot Russ

I wanted to make the water more realistic, a "Ground Plane" trick that Rich Hart and I were playing around with not long ago.  This is only about 45 passes with the Packet Mode engine, more passes will continue to improve the sky reflection on the water and especially the sun.  The bump is "Rubble" the bump scale is 500 and the Strength is 1.0.  This rendering is really nice at 45 passes and it doesn't need more, but I'm going to let it keep going for a while!

Now all we need is a nice sail boat out on the water (lots of them in the 3D warehouse).  But I should get back to some other tasks!!!

I appreciate this. Do you know where i can get some HDRIs to download ?

A quick search for "High Resolution HDRi backgrounds" will surprise you.  There are new places on the internet to get them added frequently.  I'll add it to my "to do" list to post where I've found some really nice ones that I use.  You can improve the search with "High Resolution HDRi sunset backgrounds" to be even more specific.  You will want to get images that will match up well with the resolution of the rendering you're processing.  The ones we include in the software are examples, and because of the file size they are not high resolution.  They work well but sometimes when your renderings are high-resolution you'll see that those examples don't hold up all that well.

Sketchit said:

I appreciate this. Do you know where i can get some HDRIs to download ?

are these free or i would have to par for them?

There are heaps of free ones that are not restricted and can be used for commercial purposes.

Sketchit said:

Whenever you can posf a list. I'll search in the mean time thanks much.

Russell D. Houlden said:

There are heaps of free ones that are not restricted and can be used for commercial purposes.

Sketchit said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service