Hey Al:

I just downloaded V4..........the background positioning wizard is not there as you show it in your tutorial. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Chris

Views: 1395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rich

Although the NXTimage conversion seems to work - the background wizard does not seem to hold the position of background image in either SU or renderer if the distortion setting is set to off - the background image is not being carried over unless image is distorted.

Boothy

Rich Hart said:

We posted a new version with a fix for this.

New version at:

http://www.renderplus.com/php/download_links.php

Thanks,

I'll track it down...

Boothy said:

Hi Rich

Although the NXTimage conversion seems to work - the background wizard does not seem to hold the position of background image in either SU or renderer if the distortion setting is set to off - the background image is not being carried over unless image is distorted.

Thanks for your patience Boothy.

I know it seems like we should be able to get this right. But their are an awful lot of different paths to follow to make it work. We'lll keep fixing them and hopefully get everything perfect (eventually)

[Edit: This reply was posted to this which I failed to quoted, sorry.  Al]

Don't know if it could explain the proble but do you use the 64 bits version? on 7?

I've installed back KH19, no problem.

Then I reinstalled KJ13 ..... problem solved!

Sorry, something bad during last instal!!

Very strange. However, the installation can get out of synch - especially if either SketchUp or the Renderer are running (or stuck someplace in the task manager while trying to exit)

Hopefully things are working now...

Sorry do not understand any of that ?

Boothy

Al Hart said:

Very strange. However, the installation can get out of synch - especially if either SketchUp or the Renderer are running (or stuck someplace in the task manager while trying to exit)

Hopefully things are working now...

Our installation installs new versions of DLLs. If IRender Batch or IRender nXt is running then Windows will not allow us to update the old DLLs, since they are being used already (All kinds of bad things would happen if you were able to change a DLL while it was being used by an application)

This installer is supposed to handle this problem by saving a copy of the new DLL on the disk, and replacing the old DLL the next time you restart the system. But sometimes this doesn't work properly.

We, like most installation programs, recommend that you exit all applications before installing new software. But I rarely do that when installing other software, and we suspect that some people to not close everything before installing IRender nXt. (And even when you try to do that, some applications do not terminate properly)

So, unfortunately, sometimes it is necessary for people to restart their system before installation, ( a good way to make sure that most applications are closed - unless, for example, you have your system set to automatically start SketchUp every time you restart the system), or to restart their system after installation to make sure things got installed properly.

Are you saying the last fix is Ok it just needs a restart ?

I can't duplicate this on the 2 machines I've tried it on here.

Boothy,

Could you maybe zip up a batch folder where it's not working and send it to me? With the skp file, if possible.

Boothy said:

Hi Rich

Boothy

Sorry, Boothy - my posts about installation were related to a different post. I failed to quote the original post in my response, so things got confused.

Reply by Alain Bonnefoy yesterday

Don't know if it could explain the proble but do you use the 64 bits version? on 7?

I've installed back KH19, no problem.

Then I reinstalled KJ13 ..... problem solved!

Sorry, something bad during last instal!!

Hi Rich

The problem is definately caused by `optical distortion`to the glass when applied with background (similar described by Alain). I have sent batch folder,model and sample background image.If you turn off the layer exterior NXT glass the problem goes away - please note there are no refraction\thick glass settings applied to material. I have used this sample for testing and have not changed material settings over testing period . See Below

EDIT:Please note if you distort the background image in the wizard the `optical distortion` does not occur

Thanks

Boothy

Rich Hart said:

I can't duplicate this on the 2 machines I've tried it on here.

Boothy,

Could you maybe zip up a batch folder where it's not working and send it to me? With the skp file, if possible.

Boothy,

Thanks, for the files, now I have something I can duplicate here.

We posted a fix for this, KJ17. 
It turned out we were not setting the offsets for the Background image seen through glass, if both reflection and distortion were turned off for the background image.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service