I have just upgraded to Revit Architecture and the Latest Accurender nXt., however now  decals and painted surfaces do not show up in renderings. Is this a bug in the latest accurender?

Any sugestions?

Cheers Tony

Views: 422

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you running Revit 2013?

In the latest version for 2013, we could no longer get the images decals from the model or the fbx file, so we ask you to specify where they are on the disk. There is a dialog that prompts you to that when you render. Did that appear for you?

Is it possible for send me a model to test in the version that you are running?

Yes, the dialog did prompt for for file location but the decal did not show up. I have attached the model  i was haveinh the proble wit and the image file.

Cheers Tony

I don't see an attachment. You may need to zip them up first, or use the link below to send them to us.

http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/uploads/

Hi Rick

Just want to check you have  my model as requested, I uploaded to link yesterday.

Cheers Tony

We received it.

It looks like I'm getting some of the decal, but it's obviously not right. I guess what I'm seeing is not the decal at all...the "O" is a different shape.

I'll see what's going on.

Were you getting nothing, or something like I get?

What you are seeing is letter set into the wall under the decal. the intent in to have these letters set into the concrete panel a inch or so and have the rest of the decal on the panel surface. It looks like you are getting the same results as me no decal or painted surfaces show up in renderings.

Rich Hart said:

We received it.

It looks like I'm getting some of the decal, but it's obviously not right. I guess what I'm seeing is not the decal at all...the "O" is a different shape.

I'll see what's going on.

Were you getting nothing, or something like I get?

I posted a new version of AccuRender for Revit where decals are working again for Revit 2013.

I'll see what we have to do to get the painted regions of a split face to work and post another version as soon as I get that sorted out.

Downloads page:

http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/download/

I posted another version that is getting the painted split faces. Please try that. The zip file will be named ArRevit_LK15rvb.zip, with a "b.zip" on the end. (We use that "b" to indicate the 2nd version posted on a particular day.)

You still won't be able to do what you want to do with indented letters behind the decal unless you use a transparent PNG file for the decal, where the png file is transparent where you want to see through it.

You might be able to just map a scaled material to the wall to achieve that, I'd have to try that. I'm not sure how you get it to not wrap into the indented area...

Thanks Rick

this looks like it solves the problem

Rich Hart said:

I posted another version that is getting the painted split faces. Please try that. The zip file will be named ArRevit_LK15rvb.zip, with a "b.zip" on the end. (We use that "b" to indicate the 2nd version posted on a particular day.)

You still won't be able to do what you want to do with indented letters behind the decal unless you use a transparent PNG file for the decal, where the png file is transparent where you want to see through it.

You might be able to just map a scaled material to the wall to achieve that, I'd have to try that. I'm not sure how you get it to not wrap into the indented area...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service