Hello,

I try to create a pool house scene with a swimming pool but I'm wondering how to implement it as I think I need to enable ground for the shadows but in that case, ground cuts the pool.

In the scene below, it would be possible to crop the background but in LH30 version, I wonder if there isn't a problem with this feature as it seems that distorsion doesn't work anymore.

Anyway it wouldn't be always possible to crop the image if, for example my model doesn't cut the background on the whole width.

But, if the background is not cropped, it doesn't allow to see the depth of the swimming pool as shown below.

what's the solution?

Views: 526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can use the ground plane for shadows only, by un-checking Opaque and checking Make Alpha for the ground plane. Then you'll get the shadows on your background image, but still be able to see down into the pool.

Can you explain why distortion doesn't work for you with background images?

Hi Rich,

I don't really agree with you or maybe I didn't understand everything.

In the image below, just created to clearly see the problem, shadows are ok but in the swimming pool, we see the background image and not the bottom. This is my problem.

Do I have to cut up the bkgd image around the swimming pool?

I'll create a specific topic for the layer wizard.

Try turning off the reflection on the water material and see if you still see the trees on the water.

So in the next image we verify 2 things:

First, clouds are no more reflected on the water so, bkgd image is not reflected by the water.

Secondly, the grass in the water is really the background seen through the ground.

In fact, I need the ground to see the shadows on the background image.

But, the ground necessarly cuts the swimming pool. In that case, when I make the ground alpha, it becomes transparent for the bkgd, not for a part of the model under the ground!

Any idea?

I'm going to try with a transparent sketchup's ground, not alpha fot iRender.

With a transparent sketchup's ground, I see the swimming pool's bottom, but I don't have shadows and I have the problem of semi transparency of the ground.

Sorry, I thought you could use the ground plane for alpha shadows, but still see geometry below the ground, but as you show here, that is not the case. If you use the ground plane for the shadows, then you won't be able to see into the pool.

I guess the only solution is to add your own faces to be your ground plane, to show the shadows of the building, and not use the real ground plane at all.

Well! bad news!

Thanks anyway

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service