Hi All,

I'm about to start learning more about rendering animations and was wondering if there where any tutorials available!

Any information on how to get started will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Fred

Views: 1178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rich,

Unfortunately didn't work! Attached is the screen shot I get!!

Attachments:

So we're back to the original problem that you had, that the codec we use can't be found on your machine.

Could you try this.

I included a program in that install, that I use to test codecs, in the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_Nxt

called

RpMakeAvi.exe

Could you run that, and point to the folder where you saved the jpgs of the chairs that you sent me earlier:

The dialog should look something like this:

only the image folder will obviously need to be changed.

The list of codecs (4 letter codes on the left) on that dialog is either a list of codecs we found on your machine, or if I don't find any codecs on your machine (like I do not on my 64 bit machine) the list will be the codecs that I have on my 32 machine, as shown above...so, if the list looks like the list above, those codecs listed may not work at all on your machine...You will get a "Cannot Append Frame" error message right away.

See if you can use the program to make an AVI file from your jpgs, trying different codecs like CVID, IYUV, or MSVC to see what works, and what kind of results that you get. I suspect the CVID won't work for you, and the MSVC will probably give tthe same poor resolution that you had before.

A list of all the 4 letter codes for different codes is at:

http://www.free-codecs.com/guides/FourCC.htm

Also, could try creating an animation directly from SketchUp, File/Export/Animation? The Options dialog for exporting a SketchUp animation lists a choice of several different codecs to choose from. If you find one that works for you, send me that .AVI file. I can then open in QuickTIme and see what the codec is. Then we can try to use that one with IRender.

Also, it would be interesting to see what codecs are installed on your machine. Looking at Windows help I see this:

If you need to see a list of the Windows Media Player components and codecs installed on your computer, do the following:

1. On the Help menu, click About Windows Media Player.

If the Help menu is not visible, click Organize, point to Layout, and then select Show menu bar.

2. On the About Windows Media Player dialog box, click Technical Support Information.
  3. Your web browser will open a page that includes information about the related binary files, codecs, filters, plug-ins, and services installed on your computer. A technical support person might be able to use this detailed information to help you troubleshoot problems on your computer.

When I do that, I see this:

Video Codecs

Type Name Format Binary Version
ICM Microsoft RLE MRLE msrle32.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Microsoft Video 1 MSVC msvidc32.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Microsoft YUV UYVY msyuv.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Intel IYUV codec IYUV iyuv_32.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Toshiba YUV Codec Y411 tsbyuv.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Cinepak Codec by Radius cvid iccvid.dll 1.10.0.13
DMO Mpeg4s Decoder DMO mp4s, MP4S, m4s2, M4S2, MP4V, mp4v, XVID, xvid, DIVX, DX50 mp4sdecd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
DMO WMV Screen decoder DMO MSS1, MSS2 wmvsdecd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
DMO WMVideo Decoder DMO WMV1, WMV2, WMV3, WMVA, WVC1, WMVP, WVP2 wmvdecod.dll 6.1.7600.16597
DMO Mpeg43 Decoder DMO mp43, MP43 mp43decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
DMO Mpeg4 Decoder DMO MPG4, mpg4, mp42, MP42 mpg4decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385

What do you see, for codecs on your machine?

Hi Rich,

Tryed that but didn't get anywhere, not sure if I done it correctly but I have attached the screen shot of what I get!

Thanks

Fred

Rich Hart said:

So we're back to the original problem that you had, that the codec we use can't be found on your machine.

Could you try this.

I included a program in that install, that I use to test codecs, in the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_Nxt

called

RpMakeAvi.exe

Could you run that, and point to the folder where you saved the jpgs of the chairs that you sent me earlier:

The dialog should look something like this:

only the image folder will obviously need to be changed.

The list of codecs (4 letter codes on the left) on that dialog is either a list of codecs we found on your machine, or if I don't find any codecs on your machine (like I do not on my 64 bit machine) the list will be the codecs that I have on my 32 machine, as shown above...so, if the list looks like the list above, those codecs listed may not work at all on your machine...You will get a "Cannot Append Frame" error message right away.

See if you can use the program to make an AVI file from your jpgs, trying different codecs like CVID, IYUV, or MSVC to see what works, and what kind of results that you get. I suspect the CVID won't work for you, and the MSVC will probably give tthe same poor resolution that you had before.

A list of all the 4 letter codes for different codes is at:

http://www.free-codecs.com/guides/FourCC.htm

Also, could try creating an animation directly from SketchUp, File/Export/Animation? The Options dialog for exporting a SketchUp animation lists a choice of several different codecs to choose from. If you find one that works for you, send me that .AVI file. I can then open in QuickTIme and see what the codec is. Then we can try to use that one with IRender.

Attachments:

I have found these codecs listed on my machine via the windows media player!

Not sure if this will help!!!
Rich Hart said:

Also, it would be interesting to see what codecs are installed on your machine. Looking at Windows help I see this:

If you need to see a list of the Windows Media Player components and codecs installed on your computer, do the following:

1. On the Help menu, click About Windows Media Player.

If the Help menu is not visible, click Organize, point to Layout, and then select Show menu bar.

2. On the About Windows Media Player dialog box, click Technical Support Information.
  3. Your web browser will open a page that includes information about the related binary files, codecs, filters, plug-ins, and services installed on your computer. A technical support person might be able to use this detailed information to help you troubleshoot problems on your computer.

When I do that, I see this:

Video Codecs

Type Name Format Binary Version
ICM Microsoft RLE MRLE msrle32.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Microsoft Video 1 MSVC msvidc32.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Microsoft YUV UYVY msyuv.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Intel IYUV codec IYUV iyuv_32.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Toshiba YUV Codec Y411 tsbyuv.dll 6.1.7600.16490
ICM Cinepak Codec by Radius cvid iccvid.dll 1.10.0.13
DMO Mpeg4s Decoder DMO mp4s, MP4S, m4s2, M4S2, MP4V, mp4v, XVID, xvid, DIVX, DX50 mp4sdecd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
DMO WMV Screen decoder DMO MSS1, MSS2 wmvsdecd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
DMO WMVideo Decoder DMO WMV1, WMV2, WMV3, WMVA, WVC1, WMVP, WVP2 wmvdecod.dll 6.1.7600.16597
DMO Mpeg43 Decoder DMO mp43, MP43 mp43decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
DMO Mpeg4 Decoder DMO MPG4, mpg4, mp42, MP42 mpg4decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385

What do you see, for codecs on your machine?

Attachments:

The idea there was that you would have to set the text in the "PNG Image folder" box to the place where you had saved the JPG files that you had sent me. THose were files in the zip file you posted "PlasticChair_0060.zip".

And the text in the box "PNG base file name" would be "Plastic Chair", not "Untitled". (Ignore the word "PNG" on the dialog boxes. That's what I was using when I wrote it.)

Then it would find your images and proceed.

Does that make sense?

Sorry Rich, still don't get anything! I think I did what you have stated but still get nothing!

I've attached the screen shot of what I get, can you see if all the details I've put in are correct?

Attachments:

That just means that that particular codec "CVID" 4 letter code isn't working for you.

Try it with "cvid" (lower case),  MSVC, UYVY, Y411 and see if any of them work for you.

Just tryed all the codes in the dialog box but non of them worked!

I take it all I have to do is imput the code in the codec box and click "make avi"?

Not even "MSVC" (upper case)?
No, I just get "Cannot Append New Frame"!!!!

Hmmmm..

How about the idea of creating an animation from SketchUp, File/Export/Animation? 

Have you tried that?

Does that work for you?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service