From a User:

SketchUp gets stuck on a certain percentage while extracting the data for the rendering.

Views: 527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Usually it's just a matter of patience.

We are saving all the geometry from the model to a file to render outside of SketchUp, so we can use memory, and let you work in SketchUp while the rendering is processing.

Usually that file, called batch_file.txt, is stored in a folder in your TEMP directory called something like this:

C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nXt_batch

Notice that my user name is in that folder path. You can get to that folder on your machine by putting %TEMP% in the pane in Windows explorer, and hitting the Enter key, and then selecting the folder called nXt_Batch:

When you see that happen, open that folder in Details mode, and watch the file "batch_file.txt" and see if it isn't getting larger.

Use F5 occasionally to refresh the display.

I always see that the file is still growing and I just have to be patient and wait for the extraction process to finish. If you ever get to the point where the file is truly not growing then you know the process is really hung somehow. In that case, I would ask you to send me that file and I'll try to duplicate it here.

Also, if there are layers containing a lot of geometry that are turned off for display, we still need to loop through the geometry in those layers as we extract the data. So there may be a long period where it appears that nothing is happening.

If possible, it's best to just wait a while and see if the extraction process finishes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service