I am using the trial version of Space Design KB28sd, is it possible to save a format of the report format for the pdf version to use, in particular the report title, heading, comments, body etc.

We want to use this to create standard BOM lists to send to customers, it would be a pain to hve to enter our company information each time, and have to change the page format to A4.

We also have a requirement to send the prot out in different currencies, SD used the windows system currency, but this wont always be the currency for the report, eg system currency is Euros, but we are quting in US$ or Euros. Is it possible to designate currency symbol for the currency within the attributes.

Thanks.

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Report Settings:

Currently, the report settings are saved with the SketchUp .SKP model. You can set up the things you like and then save the .SKP as a template. Then, when you start a new model, the settings will already be in it.

I will look into a load/save option on the Report Setup Wizard as well.

Currency:

And here I thought I was being so smart letting Windows format things.

Are you OK with a different currency symbol - which just replaces the dollar sign. Or will you need more - comma, decimal points, negative number formats, and optional space after $ sign - ( I did not want to have to write all of that since Windows can do it for me)

Hi Al,

Currency
We are ok with a different symbol replacing the $ sign, windows takes care of the rest of it pretty well.
We make use of the decimal symbol as in some of the other European contries use a comma as the decimal symbol.  If the Currency symbol could be set in teh report wizard and saved that would be realy good.

Report Wizard Saving as template.

I tried this and it sort of works, the headings etc, however the page size remais as letter, but the margains change to what appears to random figures. eg, the first tiem I lodaded the template, page was letter with margis of 500mm, the second time the margains were 384 mm.

Each time I tried to run the report I got a bug splat. so havent managed to run the report.

Will try and test a bit more tonight.

Thanks

I am working on these items. I am adding a reply here to keep this thread active so I will not forget about it.

Hi Al,

OK will keep reminding you.

I havent had a chance to test the report saving in more detail as yet. Will update you as soon as I have done so.

Thanks

Hi Al,

I got some time to replicate the problems I saw with SD

When first loaded set the page size to A4 J

The margins vary, 0.5mm most time, though I have got 500mm on a couple of occasions.

When the file is closed and SU restarted the pages size is set as Letter.

If the page margins are amended (mm, in or no defined measure) when you switch to another tab and switch back, the page margins are changed. This happens on every switch of the tab, the margins are reduced by 50%, after the initial change.

I have attached some screen shots.

Test system SU v8 (free), Win 7 32 bit.

Hope this helps track the problem.

Attachments:

I tried running SD in metric units, and I see the dialog have a problem witht he margins, sizes, etc. Let me see if I can fix that.

In addition, I will try to see why the values are not being retained properly.

I am touching this post again to remind me to check currency and thousands seperators

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service