is there a way for me to import my .ArMaterials made with Revit into SketchUp?

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have a folder of .ArMaterials with the same names as the Revit layers, and therefor the same names as the new SketchUp materials - after using our "Convert Layer Names to Materials" function. If so we may be able to automatically load the .Armaterials in SketchUp and assign them to the SketchUp materials.

However, if the .ArMaterials have the same name as a Revit Material, which is different than the name of the Revit Layer, than this may be a larger problem.

OMG, if you could port ArMaterials right into the 3D PDF...!

We'll have to wait and see how all this comes together.

In order to take the .ArMaterial into the 3D PDF, we have to convert it to a texture material and assign material positiions to it. This will work well for some materials - (fabric, glass, etc.) But will not work as well for materials which need to be sized and positioned perfectly - e.g. a birck wall which has beel aligned properly.

Also, materials which are not based on texture images - e.g. solid wood - will not be turned into repeatable texture images when we import them into SketchUp or 3D PDF.

I could certainly do that. If I set that up, how would I automatically load the .ArMaterials in Sketchup?

Al Hart said:

Do you have a folder of .ArMaterials with the same names as the Revit layers, and therefor the same names as the new SketchUp materials - after using our "Convert Layer Names to Materials" function. If so we may be able to automatically load the .Armaterials in SketchUp and assign them to the SketchUp materials.

However, if the .ArMaterials have the same name as a Revit Material, which is different than the name of the Revit Layer, than this may be a larger problem.

Got it.

Al Hart said:

We'll have to wait and see how all this comes together.

In order to take the .ArMaterial into the 3D PDF, we have to convert it to a texture material and assign material positiions to it. This will work well for some materials - (fabric, glass, etc.) But will not work as well for materials which need to be sized and positioned perfectly - e.g. a birck wall which has beel aligned properly.

Also, materials which are not based on texture images - e.g. solid wood - will not be turned into repeatable texture images when we import them into SketchUp or 3D PDF.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service