Anybody know of the proper way to set up an exterior scene so it is night....no sun? Artificial Lighting Only.

So far I've set the SketchUp shadows all the way to the extreme left or right......so no sun shines. The SketchUp image is pretty dark at this point.
I've then turned off all ambient light in Nxt, added cloudiness and turned the sun off.

However, when rendered, it still has a fair amount of daylight.
To get closer to what I want the only fix seems to be turning down the brightness of the rendering.

Any thoughts?

Views: 606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi Alan theres some good info in this thread on the previous Accurender forum from Roy and others, that's relevant to Irender.

The basics seem - straight from Roy are:

1.Start with our standard hdr (rnl_probe.hdr)
2.Make sure studio brightness is not checked
3.Turn the hdr intensity to 0.01 ( edit I set mine to 0.1 by mistake will have to try 0.01- input with numbers not arrows see if it makes differance)
4.Turn the tone op brightness to -0.60

Add lights as desired.

I turned off sun in render below, and standard indirect light, our rendering window brightness does not have figures some just sliding to left to get desired effect.

Try saving as nxtimage after rendering and use lighting channels to get the effect you want. There you have better control of brightness and burn with numerical readout and input, I tried it and was able to get a darker sky that straight render out put. Remember to set your lighting channels - I always forget.

I have attached render settings file if anybody wants to try it?
Attachments:
Night Image

Link to model by retronaut

You will have to add your own light sources
Rich:

Do you have any clue as to what items 1 thru 4 mean? Sounds like PC geek talk to me. I'm just a bored architect looking for something to learn since being overly busy ain't a big issue right now.

Chris
1.Start with our standard hdr (rnl_probe.hdr)

Start with our "Hugh Dynamic" Lightingn the Presets SetUp tab.

If you have any lights, make sure "Enable Artificial Lighting" is also checked on the Presets Tab.

2.Make sure studio brightness is not checked

Studio Brightness is also on the Presets tab.

3.Turn the hdr intensity to 0.01 ( edit I set mine to 0.1 by mistake will have to try 0.01- input with numbers not arrows see if it makes difference)

This is the Intensity setting on the HDRi Setup Tab. It will make the HDRi sky much much dimmer.

4.Turn the tone op brightness to -0.60

This is the brightness tab at the top of the render Window.
Using the brightness slider is always a good idea if a rendering is too dark, or too bright.
Al:

There's a slight flaw in the directions:

When the Studio Brightness box is unchecked, the High Dynamics Preset is also unchecked.............they are apparently linked......is this what I want to happen?

Chris
The preset set a number of settings, such as Studio Brightess, HDRI sky, etc. However it is not a setting itself.

If you change one of the settings it makes, High Dynamic unchecks - but the other settings are still valid.
OK, thanks...that's good info to know

Chris

Al Hart said:
The preset set a number of settings, such as Studio Brightess, HDRI sky, etc. However it is not a setting itself.

If you change one of the settings it makes, High Dynamic unchecks - but the other settings are still valid.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service