I ran a crowdspring competition to design a new header for the forum.

Here are the entries: Header Entries

Take a look and let me know 1-5 that you think would be good. Then I will try to select 5 finalists and we can choose again.

If you designed some of the headers yourself, or if you like one because it contains one of your own images, then vote for at least one which is not based on your own work.

Here is one sample: (There are quite a few more on the Header Entries page)

Most people chose our existing logo, and added an image from the gallery.

Some of the entries include ideas for a different color for the area to the right and left of the forum, and/or different colors for tab bars. Keep that in mind as we select the finalists.

Use the one or two letter code above the entry to identiy the one you like. (e.g. AA)

Some entries contain more than one banner, if so refer to them as AA-1, AA -2, AA-3, etc.

Either reply to this thread with your preferences, or email me directly at al.hart@renderplus.com

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Al

Sorry did not have time at present to have ago, there always seems to be looming deadlines etc.
My six penny worth - as I'm on a very tight deadline for tomorrow. :-(
Having seen the posts on sketchucation I would agree with Pixero (modern and light) and Pete ( it says what id does on the tin). Namely NN. and M.
I also like and DD. and EE. not because its some of my images but mainly for simplicity and black background, as my page.

I also like ZZ. and AAA series but not the "dragged/shadow back ground" too grey but do like one of the ideas of VV, that has the idea of projecting particles of light- rays etc or is that axes in sketchup? Hard to tell as this scale.

Is it possible to incorporate in the Sketch up logo, is that allowed as Octane do?

Surprised no one thought of doing half sketchup and half render, but maybe thats too obvious- I'm not a graphic designer!
I also had a thought about doing a small animation with gifs for our logo.

I presume you seen the posts on Accurender on their logo, there was some interesting ideas and discussion there.

No real favorites accept Pixero and Petes choices ;-)

Keep up the good work
Richcat
We selected the header you see at the top. It will look better (in the area behind the tabs) when we get the final artwork from the designer. Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
Would it look better if I move the tabs back up a bit, and cropped the images at the top or bottom a bit?"
I hope this new header presents a more professional look for us.
(I added some semi-transparent darkening behind the tabs)

Thanks again to everyone for their help.
Al well done it does look miles better. "it does what it says on the tin"

Trying not to be too picky - but the only small thing that is bugging me is the small reflection of the logo (just under main logo), which I first thought was some dirt on my screen, if there was a reflection wouldn't the lettering be reflected as well.
Thank you for choosing my image.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Dana Berry posted a photo
yesterday
Rudi Schwarz posted photos