Hey, does anyone know why i can not see the free plug in for wall maker?  I am using the free 30 trial version of ir render nxt.  I have re down loaded and re installed the wall maker several times but it is not showing up in my plugin menu. 

Views: 669

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks i will give it a try, I seem to have trouble with push pull and the walls i create in acad. Yes it is great that i got a resonse from tech on a Sunday. I just started using this product and so far I love it. Back in the day i used form z which was very expensive and super slow, it is nice to see how far this type of program has come. Still a bit slow though any tips for quicker rendering?

Boothy said:
Hi Shanna

I tend to contruct wall directly from DXF\DWG imports - I am used to doing it this way and find it quicker personally - also wall maker seems ok for fairly regular construction - something like curvelinear walls would still have to be done manually.I am sure if you googled SU7 you might find an old link somewhere.

I am glad the `flying developer` is coming to your aid - I bet theres not too many other support forums with the same service on a Saturday

I hope you get it to work

Boothy
that worked great, thanks again for the link. tech said they will have a fix for it by next week so in the mean time i can check it out. Love this simple add on it is exactly what i was looking for.

Richcat said:
All - If any body wants to use Rpwalls in 8 until there is a proper fix, and is reading my previous post on installing - Please note I stated "you uninstall and reinstall to be able to pick GSU8 making sure to navigate to plugins folder"- This is incorrect - I sure you had to do this in the past? but I may be wrong, and Al's post does say correctly to point install at GSU8 - sorry for confusion.

I just tried again uninstalling and installing and discovered I hadn't followed my own advice - Duh if you navigate to 8's plugins folder and select it and install, the plugin does not appear when opening 8.
The install program had created a plugin folder in the plugins folder - and therefore won't work.

Getting mine to work was fluke as I had mistakenly just selected the main GU8 folder and installed (in haste and too much beer), which then installs correctly the Rpwalls files in the plugins directory.

So don't select Plugins folder just GU8.

Away I'm sure Al/Rich will issue a fix quickly.
` I seem to have trouble with push pull and the walls i create in acad.`

When you import the acad file make it into a group them trace walls over top with line \box - deleting any unwanted lines between shapes - pulling should be easy then (put group into separate layer so you can switch off after use

Boothy
so you are saying, you dont actually try to use the walls you created in a cad, but instead you make them a block and then re-trace the walls once you are in su? this seems like it would work well! Drawing in a cad is much easier and very quick so then all i will have to do is trace. Do you suggest drawing the exterior walls first then makeing them a block and putting them on a differnt layer, then creating the interior walls? I am trying to get use to the sticky walls thing and find the best practices. Please excuse my spelling dont see a spell check on here and i am lost without it. : )

Boothy said:
` I seem to have trouble with push pull and the walls i create in acad.`

When you import the acad file make it into a group them trace walls over top with line \box - deleting any unwanted lines between shapes - pulling should be easy then (put group into separate layer so you can switch off after use

Boothy
Yes

A lot of acad imports can have a lot of unused vectors on turned off layers etc - DXf can have segmented arcs\ lines which just makes things that little bit harder- any ajoining vectors\lonely segments may stop `push` from extruding - I usually keep internal \external walls in separate groups - easier when creating model with more than 1 level - In my customised template I have a layer called `DXF`which I import my building models into - which is either turned off or deleted later. Layer structure an group structure is essential with complex models
Still make the imported block into a SU group - SU will generally respond better

If there are some complex details say arcs for example - you can always open group select items - select copy in pull down menu and close group - then select paste in place and work on in same place separately

Boothy
Thanks so much for you help, i will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Boothy said:
Yes

A lot of acad imports can have a lot of unused vectors on turned off layers etc - DXf can have segmented arcs\ lines which just makes things that little bit harder- any ajoining vectors\lonely segments may stop `push` from extruding - I usually keep internal \external walls in separate groups - easier when creating model with more than 1 level - In my customised template I have a layer called `DXF`which I import my building models into - which is either turned off or deleted later. Layer structure an group structure is essential with complex models
Still make the imported block into a SU group - SU will generally respond better

Boothy
OOf - we just discovered that there is a bug in SketchUp 8 in the "ray test" routine we use to see what wall you are attempting to place an opening in.

This bug has been reported to Google, but I don't think it has been fixed yet.

See this thread on SketchUcation: http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=30558

This will slow down the release of RpWallMaker for SU 8
Actually, with help from ThomThom on SketchUcation, I was able to get the opening placer working again.

I will try to release a new version this PM.
[Oops - I messed up your comment by mistake - Al]

Have you made any progress on this?
Sorry - I got sidetracked making RpWallMaker work with out reporting program SpaceDesign, and I forgot to release the changes, I will try to get it our tomorrow.
The new RpWallMaker is available at: http://www.renderplus.com/php/download_links.php

Be patient if it doesn't load properly the first time. Getting these things to work with SU 8 has been a challenge.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Dana Berry posted a photo
yesterday
Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Tuesday