Hi Al. I have now purchased a copy of SpaceDesign and I am giving it a try. I have loaded a drawing from Sketchup. There were no objects in the drawing originally so I selected some areas and converted them to components. I converted the whole model to a component  and saved the model. I did exactly the same with a second model. Now I loaded the first model again and run a report - all OK there was a total. I also loaded the second model and ran a report - all OK there was a total. I loaded the first model again. I now went through the - window - component menu and loaded the second model as a component.
I ran a report on the first model plus the inserted second model. The report showed the second model but it had zero value. So the report generated included a correct report for the first model, it included a quantity value for the second model but zero cost value.
What I am looking to do is to generate a report for a model that will include cost values for components inserted into that model.
Early days yet and I am probably not setting something up properly but can you help?
Best regards
Peter

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your example has some tricky nesting going on.

It sounds like your "final" model is bult like this;

• Whole first model as a single component which contains other components as sub-components
  • Whole second model as component which contains the entire second model as a component, which contains individual components as sub-components nested two levels deep.

On the Report Setup Tab there is a "drill into subcomponents" setting. If you wanted all components - include level1 and level2 sub-components to report you would set the drill into sub-components value to 2.

But this gets tricky.

Especially when getting started it would be best if all Components were placed directly into the model, rather than as sub-components.

Then you will get a report of all components placed, (directly), into the model.

As you get into the reporting futher, and if you want to report on nested components, you will discover two more powerful options.

Containers

- Sometime you want to nested components to be aggregated in the the parent, called a container component, so that the total cost, weight, etc. is reported in the container component parent, and the nested components are not shown individually. (e.g. A box with 10 items in may be shown a single "box" item, but have the cost and weight of the individual components shown.

Package Components

Sometimes you may want to place components into a group, or parent component, and have the individual sub-components appear, but not the parent component or group. These are marked as Packages. The package itself is not shown in the report.

If you need these later, I will provide examples on how to use them.

However, it is much easier if you can just place the components you want to report on at the first level.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service