Hey guys,

I am attaching a rendering that has 5250 passes. Yikes!

Anyway, note the pixeliztion of several of the areas in the rendering. It's quite large. The areas are set up as a highly reflective material (sketchup metal)

What can I do to get rid of this? I've run this rendering numerous times and it's there every time.

Chris

Views: 101

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are we looking at this area here:

Is the triangular area a single, flat material, or is it composed of small rectangles, or a texture which may be repeating.

If you are looking at just the pointed area, try copying and pasting just that geometry into a new .SKP file and sending it to use at support@renderplus.com so we can try rendering it.

Al

Here's what you asked for..............I made a copy of the original and left everything else the same.
I did notice something odd with the model though...............it's upside down...........the blue(-) axes is running toward the top...........hummmmm?
Don't know how I got it that way, but it is. This a practice model from a LONG time ago.
Didn't notice the invert until I removed everything else.
Never the less, an interesting issue.

Your rendering has what one I tried on just the sculpture though.....that black stripe across the object. What's that about?
Attachments:

I think the pixelation is coming from reflections from the low-res HDRi sky.

Here I turned the sky back on and you can see that the sky is pixellated a lot like the sculpture.

You may need to make the sculpture less reflective, make it glossy, or make the reflection less sharp.

Here I change the sharpness from  1.00 to 0.50 and it seems to remove the pixelation from the reflection.

Regarding the dark parts of the sculpture - this default illumination HDRi is a forest, so it lets light filter in through the trees, but a mirror-like surface is just reflectng dark trees.

Al:

Thanks for your input. I think your were right on all counts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service