Al/Rich any chance we can get the Path tracer as the ACAD people have, I realize it still in development, but already looking very interesting,  shame its not being run under cuda.

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad you keep an eye on the nXt for AutoCAD forum. I don't always have time.

I'll have to contact Roy and see what we have to do to implement this.

Hi Richcat

What does the path tracer do ?

Boothy
Hi Boothy
Path Tracer seems to be a different rendering algorithm from what IrendernXt users now.
Taken form Wikipedia- Path tracing is a computer graphics rendering technique that attempts to simulate the physical behaviour of light as closely as possible.
I don't know and its never been broadcast but IrendernXt appears to be a bit of a hybrid Ray tracing
Path Tracer does seems to give better visual results, but original was renown for being very slow, but it seems Roy has been able get some parity.
I wonder if its a step towards using the new wave in GPU rendering rather than CPU, with cuda etc.
Thanks Richcat

Sounds interesting - At present I do not use any other render packages that use CUDA ( I use a quadro fx 1800) but it does seeem to speed up video rendering processes in video conversion\editing apps.It would be good to make some render comparisions if it ever comes live.

Boothy
I checked with Roy.

He has not put this in the toolkit he supplies us yet.
It looks like we should have a Beta Test version ready next week for you to try out.

See the Wiki article on the test renderings I have created:

http://wiki.renderplus.com/?title=NXt_Path_Tracer

Both of these renderings took several hours. You can see differences between the renderings - such as the reflected light from the ceiling lights on the ceiling which is smoother in the Path Tracer rendering.

Packet Mode after 68 passes

Path Tracer after 1500 passes

That's great news I have been keeping a very close eye on it on the ACAD forum as it developed. To me it gives a far more naturally look light quality
Is 1500 passes for path tracer a benchmark? I had a rendering run for 15 hours and only hit 300 passes. I am going to have it run over the weekend and see where it lands on Monday as far as passes are concerned. Just trying to figure this path tracer out and timing for a high quality rendering. Slower it may be, but the overall feel of the rendering seems to be a lot richer.

Al Hart said:
It looks like we should have a Beta Test version ready next week for you to try out.

See the Wiki article on the test renderings I have created:

http://wiki.renderplus.com/?title=NXt_Path_Tracer

Both of these renderings took several hours. You can see differences between the renderings - such as the reflected light from the ceiling lights on the ceiling which is smoother in the Path Tracer rendering.

Packet Mode after 68 passes

Path Tracer after 1500 passes

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service