hi,

i am currently trying to render images from google sketch up 8 which is 71.9 mb. when i press render the writing geometry freezes at either 1% or 30 % and wont load any more. i have to then close the program. when i first installed irender nxt the first render went perfect after that i have had this problem ever since. i hope you can help.

thanks

Views: 487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have the same problem with smaller models?

If not, you will need to make this model smaller, or see if you can use layers to turn off geometry which is not necessary for the rendering.

SketchUp is still a 32-bit app, so it is limited in the soze of models which we can extract.

In some cases, users have rendered part of the model - for instance background trees - and then used that rendering as a background when rendering the front part of the model.

Or else rendered the left half of the model, and the right half separately and then joined them together.

Hi

This sometimes happens to me and the 'writing geometry'  APPEARS to freeze, often a (not responding) message displays next to the file name at the top of the screen.

First time it happend I also shut the programme and started again.

Next time it happened I just left it to see what would happen. There was no movement of the 'progress bar' which sat at 1%, but after it had finished reading the geometry it all 'unfroze' the render window opened as normal and the render proceeded OK to completion.

This does seem to happen more with big complex models.

You may have to be patient with a big model but my experience is that the 'reading geometry' is working away in the background and will get there eventually - worth giving it a try ( I go and make a coffee , hate staring at an unresponsive screen !)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike (Mesh-3D)

PS I Run Sketchup 8 Pro on a 64bit Windows OS

Thanks for reminding me of this Mike.

If SketchUp loses focus during the extract, then the progress bar freezes even though the extract is still taking place.

The only way to check on the extract then is to find the nXt_Batch folder in your temporary folder and see if batch_file.txt is getting larger.

You can enter %TEMP% in windows explorer as the path to find your temporary folders, and then go to the nxt_batch folder. (If you do this often, you will want to make it a shortcut or favorite)

Hi Al

Sounds complicated - I prefer to sit it out, drink my coffee and wait for it all to happen !!

Regards

Mike

Thanks for the great software, and the responsive help desk.

hi al i tried just rendering a selected object and i cant even do that i still have the same problems. it is only small bits at a time that i am trying to render. it is driving me mad!!

Render Selected actually renders an object and everything connected to it - so it can get complicated.

Try copying an object and pasting it into a new drawing - to make sure that the object can be rendered.

But you are going to have to make this model smaller.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
21 hours ago
Henry James-Allison of DFAL posted a photo
Apr 15