I have just updated my RenderPlus Nxt to JJ06, RPS nXt libraries and the Rp TreeMaker.  I attempted to use Rp TreeMaker "load from Library" option and render some trees in the "large trees" library in the nXt plants directory, the design panel appeared normal but the generation phase failed immediately!  I have tried this on two machines, one running Vista and the other windows 7.  Last week, prior to the upgrades, this function worked fine and produced some beautiful trees. The other functions in create Rp TreeMaker & load from library (Accurender & AR2_plants) worked fine.

I vaguely recall some reference about losing some types of plants in the upgrade but maybe these should be taken out in the upgrade uninstall/install?

Hope you can help because I miss those trees!

Views: 712

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tree Maker works, but now I'm getting rendering crashes...

I received this Error message while running IRender nXt Version: 3.5 JJ26nxt

Error: ERROR during: Export Entities and Start Ray Trace: wrong number of arguments (4 for 5)

Model Size: Large (size not specified)
Occurs: Always, just this model

Comment: (none)

Memory:

(Error occurred in C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\ruby\nXt_extract.rb line: 1926)

#Date: '10/30/2010 20:14:01 Eastern Standard Time'
#License: 'IP00246'
#Computer: 'JIMREMINGA'
#Product: 'IRender nXt'
#Version: '3.5 JJ26nxt'
#Build: 'JJ26nxt Tuesday, October 26, 2010'
#Base: 'nXt'
#Company: ''
#Phone: ''

Al Hart said:
This has been fixed.

Download the JJ26 version from: Downloads
Im pretty sure this is an error we found and fixed Friday, but have not made a new release for yet.

The error we fixed occurs when we are rendering images.

If your plant had a rectangle shadow mask, then it would be using images. If that is the case, try switching it to a medium resolution shadow mask to see if that fixes it.

If not, send us a model (hopefully with just one plant) so we make sure it is fixed in Monday's version.
Maybe not a tree problem. I shut off all trees and tried replacing trees with simple trees and still got the error. It happens in some scenes but not all. The file is about 12MB.

Al Hart said:
Im pretty sure this is an error we found and fixed Friday, but have not made a new release for yet.

The error we fixed occurs when we are rendering images.

If your plant had a rectangle shadow mask, then it would be using images. If that is the case, try switching it to a medium resolution shadow mask to see if that fixes it.

If not, send us a model (hopefully with just one plant) so we make sure it is fixed in Monday's version.
Iif this is the error we found for processing images last week, you will either have to freeze any images into faces, or wait for a new version on Monday. sorry...
Thank you Al. My presentation is Thursday, so I can wait. I've output all of my scenes as 2D images from Sketchup and they are OK, but the rendered images would be MUCH better.

Render Plus Systems said:
Iif this is the error we found for processing images last week, you will either have to freeze any images into faces, or wait for a new version on Monday. sorry...
If you want, sent a small model, with fails to support@renderplus.com and we will make sure that Monday's version can handle it.
Confirmed the image problem. I had placed a jpg of an aerial photograph on the ground plane and built my model on it. It was on its own layer which was on in some scenes and off in others. The scenes with it on triggered the error.

I erased the image and all is well. I'll watch for the new release.

Thanks you so much for your timely responses! First class support!

Al Hart said:
If you want, sent a small model, with fails to support@renderplus.com and we will make sure that Monday's version can handle it.
Try the latest version.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service