Al;

I've been user for 3 years and love the product and how it continues to evolve. I'm having an issue with long extended rendering tasks when using the lighting channels. As a understand the principle of how the program renders, images rendered over 12 hours or more I'm not able to eliminate or render through a constant black line through the center of the frame (see attached jpg ) I'm able to somehow reduce the thickness of the line by certain adjustment to channels but with the example attached this has run for 16 hours and and the line doesn't disappear.

Can you give me an idea for the issue I'm dealing with ? I'd like to have knowledge to overcome this with future rendering.

Thanks

John Rector

Views: 420

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never seen this before.

Does it happen with all models, or with just this model?

Is the black line there from the begeiining or only after several hours?

Try stopping the rendering with the red icon (you can then restart it with the icon to the left).

Did this just start with a new version of IRender nXt.

Send us the model if you can. Use the upload button at the top of this web page. Be sure ti include a comment in the upload so we know what it is.

I've never seen this before.

Does it happen with all models, or with just this model? 

JR It's only been a few instances but I usually dump the rendering after 15-20 hrs and haven't waited for the result.

Is the black line there from the begeiining or only after several hours?

JR only after a few hours

Try stopping the rendering with the red icon (you can then restart it with the icon to the left).

JR will try this.

Did this just start with a new version of IRender nXt

JR yes

Send us the model if you can. Use the upload button at the top of this web page. Be sure ti include a comment in the upload so we know what it is.

system icore7,16G of ram, windows 7 64bit.

Thanks for your response.

JR

If you are able to stop one of these renderings, and the line still appears, try saving the result as a .nXtImage file and send us that file. Loading the image using the .nXtImage editor will let us see if the problem is in the rendered image itself, or in some of the post-processing we apply to it.

To save the nXtImage format:

1. Click the 'Save' icon.

2. Select the .nXtImage format

3. check - Load Image - this will load your image in the .nXtImage editor so you can see if the black line is still there.

4. Click 'Save Image' to save and load the image.

And I presume you do not have a thin, black, wire in the front of your model?

John/Al

I thought it might be ophan edge, but you don't have edge lines setting on

I did a quick query on the posted image. I haven't ever seen this aswell in all the years using the product

Its says its only one pass (even thought it took a long long time to render) I would think due to 339 lights and 2467 glow lights, so may be it not actual finished rendering one pass yet. But I would have thought that would appear as line at the top.

Anyway just a thought.

PS John have you tried Path Tracer setting using a very quick render small render with Path Trace and see if you get the same result.

Richcat

Thanks Richcat.

If the rendering is still on the first pass, then this could be the line we get when merging the 2 (or more) images from the multiple threads which are processing the image.

JR - you need to cut down on the number of lights so that it can render faster.

Sometime when you make a light our of an existing object using object properties it is turned into too many individual lights because of the order and connectivity of the geometry. We need to add a function to query an object and see how many lights it is turned into.

A 16 hour render using an icore7,16G of ram, windows 7 64bit !! for a reasonably simple interior ?

having said that if you are using 339 lights and 2467 glow lights not surprised it's taking so long.

With a reasonable number of lights (say 20 -30) I usually render in 40 passes and get very acceptable results in 10- 15mins on an i5 with 3G of ram and windows 7 64 bit.

I go way back with computers and always use the principle just because you can - you don't have to ! If you are simulating an interior, how many interiors do you know with 339 light sources ? I model the interior then place 'real life' lighting, ceiling lights, wall lights, table lamps, spot lamps and leave it at that. Sometimes slip in the odd light for effect but never go too far.

Keep it simple - keep it quick is the way I go.

Re the black line - your computer probably got a bit tired after 16 hours and fought back !

Al / Rich:

Taking the recommendation of stopping and restarting a .nxt file seem to solve the problem relating to the "black line" matter. If I experience the issue again I'd send you the file for comment. 

Finally understanding and utilizing lighting channel function in the program and the setting variables make about anything possible with scene lighting levels. In my practice close to 90% of the medical space I design has little or no natural light source. I'm not sure about CO. but CA. now mandates we use high efficiency LED fixtures. The LCF allows me to calculate illuminance,  lighting levels and most important a appropriate color index for medical offices. 

Great product, product support and peer to peer communication.

John R

Richcat said:

John/Al

I thought it might be ophan edge, but you don't have edge lines setting on

I did a quick query on the posted image. I haven't ever seen this aswell in all the years using the product

Its says its only one pass (even thought it took a long long time to render) I would think due to 339 lights and 2467 glow lights, so may be it not actual finished rendering one pass yet. But I would have thought that would appear as line at the top.

Anyway just a thought.

PS John have you tried Path Tracer setting using a very quick render small render with Path Trace and see if you get the same result.

Richcat

Thanks John  - it now makes sense why you have so many lights sources. I use alot of LEDs in some of the schemes I design, and these don't tend to have natural daylight as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service