I've been using IRender for sometime but have never been able to figure out Highlights and reflection settings. The Tutorials seem to explain it however I'm not able to get the affects with the settings. I've started a ring model and would like to render a shiny metallic gold surface. Could someone look at the native nxtImage file attached and give your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks

Views: 344

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think we could offer more help if you uploaded the SKP model.

1. First - you need something to reflect. With our Dynamic lighting option, we would place your ring in a  forest with light filtering through the trees. (highlights and reflections only work if there is something to reflect.)

2. Second, you need to apply some reflection to the materials. Right click on the material in the model, and select "IRender-Edit or Create material"

3. Then render the model for 20 passes or so.

4. You can make changes depending on what effect you are looking for.

Here is a ring from the 3D Warehouse, I set it as reflective, using default settings, and rendered it.

Because it appeared somewhat dark, I increased the overall brightness of the rendering by one click, (from 50 to 60)

Then I used the IRender nXt texture paintbrush icon to place a gold-satin texture on the surface and rendered it again (increasing brightness to 60)

Al,

Thanks for comments and images. His is the skp.file for the ring.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service