We want to create a set of 6 or so SketchUp models that we include in IRender nXt for people testing the software to have something to render which gives a good result. (Too many people just grab their largest SketchUp model, click render, and then wonder what was so great about that)

We are looking for small, (2MB to 3MB), models which render at 600 or 900 pixels resolution in a couple of minutes in the following categories:

• Exterior - Commercial, Residential, etc.
  • Interior
  • Night Scene
  • Landscape
  • Water
  • Lighting Channels

I tried grabbing some models from the 3D warehouse, but the quality just isn't good enough. (see below)

If you have something you wouldn't mind sharing with the world we would love to use it - and, of course, give you credit in the program, in the version we upload to the 3D Warehouse, and on our web site... Email it to use at support@renderplus.com.

Thanks,

Al

Views: 710

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Note: We have decided to store the samples in the 3D Warehouse and download them automatically as needed.

So the 2-3 MB size is not as important. But try to find something under 5MB

Also, when you send the model, state that it is OK for us to put it on the 3D Warehouse and tell us what you would lie the credit line to read.

e.g Model Courtesy of Bob Mills, ABC DEsigners.

Hi Al,

I could give you this interior scene for night and day rendering.

But it's a 7Mb model, maybe too big and it takes about 90 mns to render like that in 60 passes, packet mode, on my M6500 laptop.

If you are interested I can send you the model and you can use freely.

Alain.

Yes - we still need an interior.

Send this model to support@renderplus.com and I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Al

I have added some sample renderings from these models  to SketchUpRendering.com:
The water one, and the interior conference one also include images from other rendering engines.
There are two SketchUcation threads where other people are adding images from the models:
(I will be asking SketchUcation people to help render the third model in a couple of days)
The links to the third model are here:
If you want to take a shot at rendering it
(Elijbr rendered the conference room scene with IRender nXt, so I was able to use his rendering on the SketchUpRendering.com which is better than simply using one of my own. Plus he changed some materials to get a better rendering.)
Elijbr's Rendering:

Hi Al

Love the youtube animation, now if you could move map x:y axis per frame in NXT you could animate water texture - I do not do much animation myself but it would be a really cool option. 

With the new version of irender nxt you could also attach the original HDR background to water sample which will give the user further options re lighting channels. Anyway really good to see other peoples interpretation of model. The swimming pool enclosure really looks so much better in the rendered samples than in reality!

Boothy

Al, this a great way to test the software.  I was working on uploading the 'NursesStation-45' to the 3d warehouse but its much too big (17mb), so I will send you the toilet room I am working on that is to be down the hall for that curved information desk that you see on my gallery page. And since you don't have any models with mirrors in, it I should hope to include one with a skylight that will feature at least 3 lighting channels. I should have it done in about 3 weeks or so.  As always, this is great software, so easy and fun to use. Thanks for using my image.

P.S. Boothy, I love your work! Thanks for your inspiration.

Elijah

Hi EliBjr

Thank you for the kind words - by the looks of your sample on the Gallery you probably do not need too much inspiration - nice work too !

regards

Boothy

Thank you Boothy. That means so much to me.

Elijah

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service