Hello All,

Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge.

I have been using Irender for around 3 years, and am very happy with the results. The only issue I have is the speed at which my PC can generate images.

I have been advised by my IT department that it may be possible to install IRender on the company server and use this additional power to reduce the time required to process an image.

Is this possible with Windows 2008 Server.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Simon

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have a few options.

1. You can set up your rendering using SketchUp on your own machine, and then save the rendering stuff as a Batch Rendering onto a network drive which you can then access on the server. You will need to install SkecthUp (free or Pro) and IRender nXt on the server, but you do not need to license IRender nXt.

You will save the Batch Rendering onto the server, or on a network drive, then go to (or remote login to) the server and start the batch rendering.

2. You can install SkecthUp and IRender nXt on the server, remote login to it, and run SketchUp and the renderings on the server.

3. If you company has 4 or more high powered machines, you can set up a Render Farm, where you save your rendering information and then the 4 or more machines take turns rendering the image a line at a time.

This can be a powerful feature - but it is only really useful for renderings which would take 4 hours or more - because the time required to transfer things to each of the server machines is cumbersome except for really time consuming renderings.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service