I'm having difficulty with rendering liquids. This is supposed to represent a glass of lemonade. any suggestions? I am attaching a zip file with the SketchUp file so you can see my settings.

Views: 245

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jorge

A few tips that may help.

Try editing the material to the 'thick glass' preset and change the transparency to 90% in the main tab. This will distort the straw as it enters the lemonade.

Then add some texture to the lemonade material - i used 'rubble' and 'marbled' you will have to play about with the bump scale and strength to get the effect you want. A couple of quick examples attached.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike   Mesh-3D

Attachments:
Thanks for the help! I'll try and play with it a bit more. I just can't seem to get the lemonade look like lemonade. It seems either too transparent or too cloudy. I've had a bit of success with ice tea but it seems not dark enough then.

Hi Jorge

irenderNXT produces great renders just using the default settings but if you want a special look for a material you have to experiment with the many settings at your disposal within the programme. There are plenty of tutorials to help but you can't beat a bit of experimentation and just 'playing' with the settings.

It's also possible to map an image of lemonade (complete with bubbles) to the face of a cylinder - in conjunction with other settings that could produce some interesting results.

Almost anything is possible with a bit of work.

Good luck

Regards

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the idea of mapping an image. I tried to find an image of lemonade and none really looked like lemonade! Which is kind of interesting because they were pictures of real lemonade! In my searching, I came across some really interesting ice tea images. So I changed the liquid to ice tea! I even added a few ice cubes on top and added an autobump to the image. I think this fits the bill. Thanks again for your help.

And here is the model in place.

Hi Jorge

That looks really good.

Regards

Mike

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate