Hey, does anybody out there have a nice, high quality texture(s) for grass that you'd be willing to share?

Chris

Views: 2049

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris

A few grass textures for you to play with.

I have lots of others if these are not what you want

Regards

Mike  Mesh-3D

Mike

Attachments:

Mike:

Thanks so much for replying!

The textures are wonderful, I am however hoping for something less "striped". If you have something like that I'd appreciate your contribution. Finding a quality grass texture seems next to impossible, at least for me!

Chris

I tried enlarging one of Mike`s samples with a random seed in Genetica - but there is only so much that can be achieved with a small sample without a repeat pattern occurring (see attached)

Boothy

Attachments:

Thanks so much........I'll give it a try.

I have this one...it tiles as well.......maybe you can take a shot at this one with Genetica

Chris

Attachments:

I am probably making a rod for my own back here, but in the meantime this is one sampled by me being old fashioned and going out and taking a photo !

Cheers

Boothy

Attachments:

Your sample does not have a really defined\distinct texture and therefore increasing the jitter angles tends to `mush` the texture. Its really difficult to achieve a random grass texture due to the scales usually required.

See attached

Boothy

Attachments:

Hi Both

The reason I often use the striped or cross cut grass is that it disguises any tendency to look 'tiled'.

For me as long as grass looks reasonably 'grass like' thats OK !

I usually want to emphasise what the grass is surrounding.

If a sample I use looks 'tiled' when it renders I do a quick horizontal and vertical copy and paste in Photoshop to make it match up better.

Regards

Mike - Mesh3D

Hey ! Boothy  Add me as a friend and we can have a private chat - I'm a fan of your stuff !

Hi Chris

Fund a website with some great textures to use in sketchup.

This link takes you to the grass section but there are loads of other categories (click on the links to the right hand side of the page) and follow the instructions to download hi-res images,

They all seem to be seamless.

http://sketchuptexture.blogspot.co.uk/p/grass.html

Cheers

Mike

Nice find Mike

Boothy

Mike:

I do recall coming across this site before. I must be missing something in regard to downloading the textures. I can't seem to find my way the the image with the "Options" button. (Thus I blew off before). You guys figure this out? If so, let me know how. I must be thick or something.

On another topic.........found a plug-in called Art-mine that takes you out to a web site where you can search through their real artworks and insert them into SketchUp...here's the plug-in file. It's free...they're trying to sell the actual art through this plug-in! Pass it on. Works very well.

Attachments:

Hi Chris

If you follow my link it takes you to the preview page.

Click on the download link above the section of images you are interested in. This takes you to a facebook page of images.

left Click on the actual texture you want and you get a hi-res version on screen.

I right click on this and choose 'save image as' and save it to my textures folder on my local drive

Good luck.

Mike

Mike:

Thanks, that seems to work although it doesn't seem to be the way they intend it to. Now I feel oddly inclined to mow the lawn, but alas it's covered in snow.

Chris

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos