We installed in my office a Server HP with 8-core Xeon processor last generation, very fast, with 8 gb of memory. Can we install your program irender nXt on this server and make the render on the server and then view them on our other computers

Views: 337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can use our Batch Rendering and/or Remote Rendering Feature to prepare models on one machine, render them on a second machine, and then view the results on the first machine.

You can run SketchUp on one machine, save the information necessary for rendering in a folder accessable by the network computer, start the rendering on the network computer, and then view the files when complete on the original computer.

You need to install IRender nXt on the remote computer, but it does not need a license just to perform the renderings.

There are two places you should look for help:

1. Batch Rendering

2. Boothy's Tutorial on Batch Rendering.

If you run into any problems, let us know and we will either fix the software or improve the documentation.

Muchas Gracias Al.

When I look at the performance monitor I see that only 2GB of 8GB of memory is used during my rendering.

How ist that? Why is not more memory used?

Thanks, Rainer

I presume you have a 64-bit processor.

We only use as much RAM as we need. Smaller models wlll use less RAM, and larger models will use more RAM.

Your performance monitor should show use of all CPUs, but we only use as much RAM as we need.

I am testing a virtual machine with 4 processors und 8 GB RAM. The question is if we shoud buy a new desktop pc or if we can use a virtual pc. Our IT department is now offering virtual machines. We can choose how many processors and how much memory we want.

So in a way I am suprised to see how little memory is used. The Sketchup model is quite large 300MB.

What do you think?

Rainer

How many cores can they offer you on a single virtual machine? And can they offer you access to more than one virtual machine?

The virtual machines can work well, especially if they can offer you more than 4 processors on a single virtual machine. Rendering time is dependent on the number of cores (and the speed of the cores), rather than the RMA (once you get 4GB Ram or more) .

(Our virtual machine has two physical processors and a total of 12 cores available on a single physical machine -  for a single rendering.)

Of course, the speed will slow if other users are using the same physical processors virtually at the same time. For example, if there is just one physical machine, and several users are using the same cores at the same time, then your performance will be slowed down by whatever the other users are doing.

If your IT department has a lot of processing power available, then you can set up a rendering farm. A good farm would use 4 or more virtual machines, because with fewer machines, than the time spent setting up the renderings on each machine will slow down the overall rendering time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service