I'm using displacements maps in my model but they seem to have a weird quirk that when they render they have dark streaks running over them. I've attached an image which shows what I mean. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Views: 154

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Henry

I found this post on the sister site for accurender, which looks similar to problems you having, it was the model was to far from the origins.  Link

I'm away from my machine till tomorrow to test this out. On few tests I did today I couldn't get it to replicate this but haven't tried moving it away from origin.

There is also mention of size, my first thoughts where walls not completely flat.

From the test I did the one that was a long way from the origin seems to shows signs of what your getting, but with white not black shading.

i find this happens a lot when you have cut out in your texture with displacement. did you create a alpha bump map? or use the texture itself? only solution i have found is splitting the faces up or putting the same texture on the back face. or making sure you have a black and white displacement bump.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service