When i try to convert an image file into an hdri and use it the HDRI section the scale of the HADRI imga seems to be too big.. What did i do wrong?

As seen above while this is the original image..

Thnx

Views: 1785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you use the .HDR as a standard .HDR, IRender nXt assumes it covers a full 360 degree sphere. In this case you are viewing only a small portion of the original image if you think of it as a sphere.

But if you use it as a Planar HDRi background, (your image is a flat image, not a 360 degree spherical image), then it will work better.

See: Planar HDRi backgrounds

This is what your orginal image looks like if blown up 800%.

The HDRi sampling makes it look even worse, because of the way it samples and combines light from pixels.

At any rate a 360 degree HDRi sky image needs to be about 6,000 to 12,000 pixels wide to work well as a full 360 degree HDRi

Thanx..

I still have trouble applying the HDRI though.. :( hope you can help

In the HDRI tab there are six HDRI demos and out of the six  the sixth one works while the rest is too big... What is the problem? thnx..

this is the only one working (sunset) I am trying to have a (day scene) though..

There is a + sign on the HDRi tab which loads additional HDRi skies.

The skies on the first tab are OK for lighting. (Where the sky is turned off, but used to illuminate the scene.) But they do not have enough resolution for actual backgrounds. The second two tabs have higher resolution skies.

You can also find other HDRi Skies at:

Sources

HDRI Skies which can be used with IRender nXt are available at:Free HDRI Skies:

Not free HDRI files:

Thanks for the help..

Hi guys, I could really do with your help please. I'm a beginner to Irender (associated with Sketchup) and am trying to use the HDRI skies. Irender tells me that they're not loaded and do I want to download them. I click yes and am directed to the Renderplus landing page. I can click on the appropriate files and download them - BUT what do I do with those HDRI sky files? They don't automatically load into Irender, so presumably they need to be manually loaded into the library? How do I do that please, and exactly where should they go? I would be eternally grateful for some help on this.

Many thanks

Jon

I'll move this installation query to a new thread:

http://irendernxt.com/forum/topics/how-to-install-hdri-libraries

Did you install the libraries from the zip file after downloading them?

Hi. Thanks for coming back to me. I'm having a little difficulty logging in, otherwise I would have come back to you a little earlier.

I was able to download the zipped HDRi sky files individually.  I was also able to unzip and unload the HDRi file. I can certainly click on them but there appears to be no opportunity to install them. 

I'm certainly impressed by Irender so far and am about to purchase a licence. Might the problem be that automatic installation for HDRi files will not work on the 30 day evaluation copy? I'm simply trying to show my office colleagues (architect practice) what the software can do for us, hence the need to download the sky HDRi files. Many thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service